Are Collector Gun Prices Up Right Now?

I am not a collector and have not followed collector gun prices. Problem is that I have an itch for a lever 22 and have taken an interest in the Winchester 9422 which has collector value.

Prices are high, but I don’t know if they are ‘normal’ high or if 2020 has pushed them skyward along with all the modern guns.

Any idea? If they are in a bubble I will probably just try to wait it out. If not, than the hunt is on.

if you are going to spend that much look for a marlin 1897 texan 22 lr: 20" octagonal barrel, takedown ,a real classic if you can find one. bought mine about 15 yrs ago they still show up.

View attachment 420874 Or this browning for under 5.

This^

The 9422 was always stupid expensive, even prior to the Oblama administration.
They were made from 1972-2005, and the prices have only gone up since.
It's one of the few .22 lever guns I don't own, because I could never find one at a price I was willing to pay.
However, I have two Browning BL-22's, which (IMHO) is the highest quality .22 lever gun in current production.

I had a Henry lever action .22. Not a collector piece by any means. White metal receiver and powdercoated. You always see older .22’s at your LGS for sale. Some for cheap money too, although lately .....

Have the 39Mountie, 39A, BL-22 and 9422...IMHO older Marlin have the better action and easier and "cheaper" to find. I Need to add a Henry.

Back
Top Bottom