• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Are ARs and parts really going to be drying up?

Stryker

NES Member
From TTAG a few moments ago:
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/12/robert-farago/gun-sales-surge-is-on-big-style/

TTAG’s reached out to some of this country’s largest firearms wholesalers and learned that the sales channel is dry. AR’s they ain’t got. And no wonder. IWI US’s VP of Sales & Marketing, Michael Kassner, tells TTAG that IWI’s sold thousands of Tavors over the weekend. Folks, that’s a $2k rifle. You can imagine how many low-end AR’s are finding new homes in the rush to tool-up against terrorism, further fueled by the assault media’s decision to come out of the gun confiscation closet, ahead of Hillary Clinton’s potential election. There’s a lag between wholesaler supply and what you see at your local gun store. That means . . .

you’ll still see guns on the shelves for the time being. But for how long?

Seriously? Is anyone really seeing that out there locally?
Didn't realize the freakout level was that high.

I think if anything sales slumped enough that some manufactures backed off so that might cause a little gap or low supply direct from manufactures.
Even with all the hype over the years I think only 2 out of 20 people I know actually went through with buying a AR and they are here on NES.

I've seen good supply in my parts. I remember the last ammogeddon, and the dry spell in 2008 when hill dog was seeking the nomination. Couldn't get an AR or any scary rifle anywhere. The last run on supplies was a wake-up. I only got by because me and a few good friends shared our resources. I casted bullets and had a good supply of primers, another buddy had tons of powder, and another traded bullets i didn't cast for ones he needed that I did cast.

This time around, aside from just having a good supply and living in gun-reloading Mecca, I buy something every other day. Sleeves of primers, maybe an 8lb jug or two of my favorite powders.....

its building up very nicely, but regardless, run on supplies or not, I'll use it eventually and not have to budget or modify my shooting habits.

Additionally, if you look around, theres crazy deals on parts. When I see a good deal on a PSA daily deal or something from Damage Industries, if its good enough, I'll buy 5 of them, with the intention of maybe using one or two, but I don't think I'll loose any money on the product thats for sure.

LOL'ing at the 6 months from now doomsayers and profiteer's finger ****ing their several mortgage payments worth of bolt carriers,
LPK's, charging handles, cases of P-Mags stacked to the rafters and rail adaptable bottle openers rusting away and gathering dust
in the crawlspace of their hovels and bitching that their internet service was cut off for non-payment.

Just blame it on Obama for being mislead and his failure to deliver as promised.

^^^^ I've seen those guys and don't feel sorry when they're trying to move those parts at absurd prices and no-one bites on it. In my case, I buy what I need, will need, or plan to need for builds in the future.

Back
Top Bottom