• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Are any MA compliant S&W 9mm Shields getting into Mass?

still waiting on mine as well. paid for it on the first week of january. still no call :(

I've got you beat - I paid for mine on Nov. 3. Hopefully I'll be getting a call any day now [laugh] I only paid $389 for mine - looks like prices have gone up recently.

I've got you beat - I paid for mine on Nov. 3. Hopefully I'll be getting a call any day now [laugh] I only paid $389 for mine - looks like prices have gone up recently.

Ha! I think I even beat you. I paid $389 without the sales tax because Carl at FS let me pay in full during the tax free weekend last August. The gun came in, in Sept.

Keep doing what your doing. Finding one now is a crap shoot. I finally got mine NIB from a post here on NES. After following threads, watching the classifieds and multiple postings, I put up a WTB listing in the classifieds and with-in about 6 hours I checked NES and there it was a PM offering one for actual cost + transfer fee. No huge mark up.

I already had an Apex kit and crossbreed waiting. Love the Shield 9mm.

Stay with it and keep digging, one will come your way!!!!

Best of luck!!!

Got the call from Jeff over at Fin and Feather Sports in Upton that my Shield came in. I had put a deposit down in the middle of December. Went down today and picked it up. It feels great.[wink] Can't wait to get it to the range. Also will be looking for advise on NES regarding a trigger job, night sights, etc.

So, I guess some Shields are getting into MA. I guess the wait really wasn't that long... I am just the impatient type.

Thanks guys.

About a month and a half ago I walked into B&G Sporting in Westfield for some ammo. They had two shields just sitting in the display counter, a 9mm and the other in .40. I couldn’t pass on one so I picked the 9mm. The Shield .40 was gone the next time I went in. I’ve been in a few times since but haven’t seen any.

Doh. Sorry to get you all riled up :)

Definitely got my feathers in a ruffle lmao. [/sarc] Just clarifying for people who might have gotten their hopes up.

Picked up my M&P Shield 9mm at the beginning of November from Pullman Arms in Worcester. I was #2 on their list and i put my name down for it in like May or June [laugh]

Quite the elusive creature still...

Original Bobs in Salisbury got several dozen in today. 9mm and 40 cal in stock as of this evening. Picked up a 9 for myself.

I just picked up my Shield today, a 40 though. Now to make time to break her in.

20130207_175853.jpg

I picked up one (M&P Shield 9MM) today at A&J Sporting Goods.
Great shop, great people; if you want a Shield, it's worth the ride...

Update: disregard my signature, I have one now. Hope you all get yours...
IMG_1045.jpg

Last edited:
I ordered one in Dec., Just after the incident in CT. I put $100 down and picked it up yesterday at Guns Inc in West Springfield. They used to have a ton of pistols. Now down to one shelf in a single case for Semi's. All but 2 were 1911, they had some ammo but not a great selection. I was fully expecting to be waiting longer.

I did order mags the same week from Midway, just before they ran out. So I now have 5 mags for it. I need to get a holster now, thought I had more time.

I just picked up my M&P Shield 9mm today from Original Bob's. Great bunch of guys down there and hey we're very helpful especially "Harleynut". Thanks again for the AR15 discussion.

How do these 9mm Shields compare in size to the Kahr PM9, and the Keltec PF9 and P3AT?

Thanks.

Four Seasons called me today to say my 9MM Shield had arrived. I have been on the wait list since mid- to late-December. I had stopped by on Wed. to buy a cleaning kit and asked if they could tell me where I was on the wait list. They said they were filling orders from November, so I was pleasantly surprised to get the call today.

Four Seasons called me today to say my 9MM Shield had arrived. I have been on the wait list since mid- to late-December. I had stopped by on Wed. to buy a cleaning kit and asked if they could tell me where I was on the wait list. They said they were filling orders from November, so I was pleasantly surprised to get the call today.

yay! [smile]

O.K., I know I'm looking for "Unicorn tears" in wanting a MA compliant S&W 9mm Shield, and yes, I've put down deposits and am on many "waiting lists", but has anybody actually purchased one in MA in the last 7 weeks during the crazy period? Or is it totally dry out there.
The LGS are polite when I call and check on the status of the back order, and I can feel their pain, but would just like to know about others experience and if anybody has had success.

Bought my Shield 9mm a week ago. Original Bobs Gunrange in Salisburry MA. They may still have some left

Picked up the last 9mm Shield Precision Armament Werks in Franklin had in stock last Saturday. Just stopped by and there it was. Lucky break. They still had .40s in stock. Good guys.

Back
Top Bottom