Archery And Arms LLC SHREWSBURY

New gun shop in Shrewsbury. It has been there 2 weeks. If you are familiar with the Gun Room you will find Archery and Arms in the same building. They are a couple store fronts down inside of Vin's TV. It is a nice store. Well lit and extremely friendly. Inventory is a little low but not bad for a start up in a time when getting any guns on the shelf is tough. Two gun shops within 100 feet of each other...makes it worth the trip.

Archery And Arms LLC
276 Boston TRNK RT 9
Shrewsbury, MA 01545
508-425-3140

Will never shop, or set foot in this shop ever again!

Called around to a few shops today looking for Birchwood Casey Tru-Oil to shine up a rifle stock. Only Blue Northern in Ayer and this shop had the oil in stock. Well, I live in Worcester, so I figured this place is obviously closer, so I will go there. (even though I love Blue Northern, it was a little too far for me to go today.)

The guy at Archery and Arms said he would hold the kit for me until I got there after work. I thought, 'awesome!'
So, I got there, went in to the store, and bought the kit. he didn't have just the Tru-Oil, but a whole gun refinishing kit for $14.99. But he only charged me $10.00. Again, I thought, 'awesome.'

Went home, and opened up the kit, and the damn thing is used and looks to be about 10 years old. All 3 bottles have their seals broken, and some of the product is gone. the 2 pieces of steel wool that came with the kit were definitely used, and the white rag it came with, had brown stains on it, and was torn in half, clearly used before. As well as the sand paper too. if this is why I was charged $10, instead of $14, he should have said so, and I would not have bought a used product.

Very poor impression for my 1st time going into that store. Will never shop there again, or recommend that place to ANYONE. I almost can't believe he sold me a used box of shit. Awesome, now there is 2 shitty gun stores right in the same building. Yippee.

Since this store just opened, it makes me wonder where this product even came from. All I know, something seems shady. I guess maybe even I should have checked it when I left the store. But never in a million years would I have thought I would have been sold a used product. I have never checked a product like that before, and never had any issues until today.

Well, after work tomorrow, I will go to a gun shop where I should have gone in the 1st place, and a place that really knows how to treat people. Blue Northern Trading. I don't give a rats ass if I work another 13 hour day. Tomorrow, that is where I will be, buying my Tru-Oil.

Last edited:
I would give the owner a chance to make it right. Give him a call and see what he has to say.

Called around to a few shops today looking for Birchwood Casey Tru-Oil to shine up a rifle stock. Only Blue Northern in Ayer and this shop had the oil in stock. Well, I live in Worcester, so I figured this place is obviously closer, so I will go there. (even though I love Blue Northern, it was a little too far for me to go today.)

The guy at Archery and Arms said he would hold the kit for me until I got there after work. I thought, 'awesome!'
So, I got there, went in to the store, and bought the kit. he didn't have just the Tru-Oil, but a whole gun refinishing kit for $14.99. But he only charged me $10.00. Again, I thought, 'awesome.'

Went home, and opened up the kit, and the damn thing is used and looks to be about 10 years old. All 3 bottles have their seals broken, and some of the product is gone. the 2 pieces of steel wool that came with the kit were definitely used, and the white rag it came with, had brown stains on it, and was torn in half, clearly used before. As well as the sand paper too. if this is why I was charged $10, instead of $14, he should have said so, and I would not have bought a used product.

Very poor impression for my 1st time going into that store. Will never shop there again, or recommend that place to ANYONE. I almost can't believe he sold me a used box of shit. Awesome, now there is 2 shitty gun stores right in the same building. Yippee.

Since this store just opened, it makes me wonder where this product even came from. All I know, something seems shady. I guess maybe even I should have checked it when I left the store. But never in a million years would I have thought I would have been sold a used product. I have never checked a product like that before, and never had any issues until today.

Well, after work tomorrow, I will go to a gun shop where I should have gone in the 1st place, and a place that really knows how to treat people. Blue Northern Trading. I don't give a rats ass if I work another 13 hour day. Tomorrow, that is where I will be, buying my Tru-Oil.

Found Casey Tru-Oil, and wax in Cabeas in Conn. Could not find the stuff anywhere in Worcester or Middlesex county here in Mass. Everybody must be refinishing their guns. Good luck.

I stopped by there today around lunch time. Art seemed like a great guy. He explained to me that 90% of whats in there now is on consignment. There was a couple "new" items but was trying to get a lot more. Decent variety of ammo, prices didn't seem too bad. He's supposed to be getting me some pricing on a Sig P238. Will see where he comes in at.

Give 'em another chance. Art is a great guy and he has gone out of his way to help me out, while building the shop from scratch.
Most of the ammo he had/has on the shelf is extra stock from either his personal cache, or someone elses. Some of the boxes are missing a few rounds, so he has them discounted. I guess there was a miss-communication with the Tru-Oil. He's got a lot on his mind. It's not an excuse, but give him a chance to make it right.

Art is working hard to build a good client base, and has definitely made a customer out of me. I'm sorry you couldn't share the same experience as me.

Art seemed like a nice guy he came up and shook my hand. Said he was selling guns
At 10-15 percent over cost but had one of the highest prices on an sr9c that I've ever seen. To his credit I didn't ask if
He'd go lower.

Didn't know shit about handgun compliance but can't hold that against him dealers are clueless....not worth arguing about.

I wouldn't go in there expecting much in stock or any high hopes.

Last edited:
Art seemed like a nice guy he came up and shook my hand. Said he was selling guns
At 10-15 percent over cost but had one of the highest prices on an sr9c that I've ever seen. To his credit I didn't ask if
He'd go lower.

Didn't know shit about handgun compliance but can't hold that against him dealers are clueless....not worth arguing about.

I wouldn't go in there expecting much in stock or any high hopes.

I was thinking the same thing as far as the prices on some stuff. Not sure how popular this place is going to be, when there is another over priced gun store 3 doors down. He does own Vin's Tv though, so maybe he doesn't need the money.

Although I hate the gun room I did go in to poke around. Those guys look like they are lower on stock than I've ever seen. Maybe they are just waiting for the next bonded warehouse load. I would never buy from those a**h***s anyway.

I was buying this gun from a guy in Worcester, he was done with his 4 FTF FA-10'S for the year, so we had to go threw a dealer. I agreed to meet at the Gun room in Shrewsbury,the seller took a few bucks of the price of the gun to offset the $50 transfer fee [OUCH!] A few doors down from the gun room is Archery and Arms, so I went in and asked the guy if they did transfers. Well to make a long story short, it cost me $25 to transfer the firearm $80 more I spent in ammo.The guy who sold me the firearm put some of his other firearms he had for sale up on consiment.Archery and Arms are great guys to deal with. For you guys that live up around there, it is a good gun store to support even if it is just buying a box of ammo.

[h=1]Archery And Arms....[/h]Very disappointing, Now located in Auburn, Went in looking to buy a .22 Sig, didn't have any, so I asked how much would it be and if he can order. He said it could take up to 6 months to get and isn't worth my or his time. I said I would like to order one how much is the deposit and what would it cost. He then said it wasn't worth his time... Then I asked if he had any 8mm riffle ammo, he said yes but it was for guns he had for sale and would not sell to me, He told me The Gun Room in Shrewsbury has that round in stock and I should go there...As I was walking out the door he said I could buy 2 of the 3 boxes he had, so I did. But after this experience I will never do business here again!!

Jimmy is a good guy. Came into the business at the wrong time can't get stock in anything and is constantly struggling to put stuff on the shelves.

I was in the neighborhood so I stopped in today for a quick peek.
As mentioned above, they have moved to Auburn.
They're on RT#20, about a 1/4 mile West of H-S Trading, also on the eastbound side of the street.

Anyway, I walked in and took a look around, they had a moderate selection of handguns and long arms, mostly used.
Jack was very helpful and friendly, and showed me the few items that caught my interest.
There was one gun in particular that I was very interested in.
The price was reasonable and I had the cash in my pocket.
I mulled it over for a few minutes and then told him to wrap it up because it's going to a new home.
He then informed me that there was just one problem, they don't have their FFL yet for the new location, and I'd have to have it transferred through The Gun Room in Shrewsbury. [shocked]

Well, that was the dealbreaker right there.
Sorry, but I really have no desire to step foot into that place, nor do I foresee having the free time anytime soon to make a special trip out there for this.
I suggested we go down the street to H-S to do the transfer, and I wouldn't even mind paying them the $20 transfer fee, but Jack said they already had a deal with the other place, so the answer was no.
So I walked out with cash still in my pocket.
If they had their house in order, I'd be sitting here with my new toy right now, but instead they lost the sale.
Hopefully they'll get their shit together soon, but if you're looking to buy something NOW, don't waste your time.

Holy shit Zappa are you kidding me!?! I've had conversations with one if the owners (Art?) when they were at their old locations about how shitty the Gun Room was, and how I was exuberant to see a new start up a few doors away taking money out of their pocket. I hope they cut their ties soon, because if they don't, they shouldn't expect to see me as a customer anymore.

Voluntarily doing business with The Gun Room???

images

I picked up a handgun from the auburn location the first week they opened. He didn't have anything new then also. Looked like all the guns an ammo was used or old stock. Funny I thought with h and s right down the street that would bring out the best, but many trips later and it still looks like the same except some change in the used handguns. Prices on the used guns was good though. Hopefully he gets the FFL straightened out

It seems they were price gouging ammo a few months ago. A box of 9mm at H S was half the price for the same brand! They claimed that they pay more to have it on the shelf, but that is still gouging to me.

Back
Top Bottom