• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Archers Pit In Ossipee Closed ???

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
I just heard a rumor that they closed Archers Pit in Ossipee ???
It's not confirmed, but that's what my friend up there heard from a coworker.
If so, that totally sucks because that's where all the locals go to shoot.
Has anybody else heard anything about this ???

Well, there's this posting of someone venting on CL, so it looks real.

The antis are after archery now? What's next, fencing???

its closed. Ossippe Police had a post about it on their facebook page

I'd say it implies Ma**h***s coming up here to pretend to be free for a weekend and shitting up the place. It has been happening all over the state this summer.

IMHO it's also a shitload of people from NY and NJ, because "rona flight". Think about it- by default every year ma**h***s go up to NH, every year. This year it seems like there are 2x as many vacationers in NH, f***ing up the parks throwing trash everywhere. These people can't all be ma**h***s.... it's pretty obvious to me that some must also be from NY, given the rona restrictions this summer there were far harsher than those imposed in NH.

IMHO it's also a shitload of people from NY and NJ, because "rona flight". Think about it- by default every year ma**h***s go up to NH, every year. This year it seems like there are 2x as many vacationers in NH, f***ing up the parks throwing trash everywhere. These people can't all be ma**h***s.... it's pretty obvious to me that some must also be from NY, given the rona restrictions this summer there were far harsher than those imposed in NH.

Everyone south of Nashua is a Ma**h***.

[wink]

Jokes aside, it's the mindset, not where you come from. I have a lady here in town that has lived here her whole life long (all 53 years, she tells us constantly) who is a full blown Ma**h***.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t discount some select residents of NH making a mess of things, depending on said activity of course. Hiking trails being trashed? Most likely tourists.

However, I have seen alot of trash on some secluded class 6 roads. I’ve scoured some topo maps to find out about them, and people who take the time to research viable wheeling spots to that extent, in my experience, arn’t going to be the ones trashing trails. I’ve come across piles of beer cans, old camp fires and rutted out holes in the middle of the road caused by god knows what, and I would wager alot of it is local kids partying in the woods at night.

Archers Pond road is one of these roads. Its a really fun ride, but I have seen all sorts of crap in those woods, even matresses. The irony is that Ossipee transfer station is no more than a damned mile away. It only takes a couple a-holes to ruin it for the rest.

Last edited:
Well thats aggressive. [laugh]
logo_full.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom