AR9 magazine catch install issues

DJBrad

NES Member
Just finishing up a pistol build and before I am able to fix the magazine I need to install the magazine catch release parts. I can’t figure it out. All I can see is that the paddle has the spring behind it and some sort or combo of these small pins with allen screw tops locks it in.

Anyone come across this type of install? This is a Ghost Firearms AR9 upper and lower. If no answer then I’ll just call the manufacturer on Monday.

Last edited:
Well I figured it out. The longer allen post just screws in all the way to hold the magazine catch.

Nice cerakote job,.. May I ask who did the work? I have a 1990's Rem 870 that I'm considering having done. A PM is fine, Thanks

Take out a quarter?

How much over travel do you have with the 5 quarters? You need just enough ~1/8” to let it cycle/lock properly

I gave up on the quarters (But mine was working fine) and got a KAW valley 7.5 oz 9mm buffer and 9mm spring.

Mine is running with no issues.

not knowing anything about the 9mm ar that looks like it takes glock mags, the only thing i would check is the follower on the mag or the springs to see if they correctly push up that bolt hold open so it's fully extended up. it's all i got, sorry.

not knowing anything about the 9mm ar that looks like it takes glock mags, the only thing i would check is the follower on the mag or the springs to see if they correctly push up that bolt hold open so it's fully extended up. it's all i got, sorry.

To the point above, I had to tweak mine quite a bit to activate the lrbho on my new frontier arms 9mm.

Take out a quarter?

How much over travel do you have with the 5 quarters? You need just enough ~1/8” to let it cycle/lock properly

I gave up on the quarters (But mine was working fine) and got a KAW valley 7.5 oz 9mm buffer and 9mm spring.

Mine is running with no issues.
Mine cycles fine and I’ve put several hundred rounds through, steel and brass. I may have to tinker with the bolt catch and lrbho plate which can be adjusted up and down with two set screws. There’s no over travel that I can see. Even before adding quarters the lrbho did not function.

My bad. Thought you were having cycling issues not lrbho issues.

Those always need tweaking.

Back
Top Bottom