• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ar9 Glock msg adapter

garyz

NES Member
Hi. Anyone using a Glock mag adapter for their ar
Looking at right to bear arms. Matador. But open to other options
Thx. Garyz

I have the Rock River adapter, but it's for Colt and converted UZI mags. I considered that a better option than either breaking the law or trying to find unobtanium pre-ban 33 round Glock or Scherer mags.

i will look into that, not set on anything just starting to play with the idea
how hard is it to convert uzi mags to work
thanks

Sylvan Arms. Glock mags. Meh.
Never seems to run right.
Could be the lower. Too many irons in the fire to ef with it now.
I have a dedicated lower on another identical upper I use on occasion.

i will look into that, not set on anything just starting to play with the idea
how hard is it to convert uzi mags to work
thanks
Very easy - it's a matter of cutting a mag catch latch in the side of the mag - does not prevent continued use as an UZI mag either. Just grab a 5 axis milling machine or a hand file, both will work. I've seen it done both ways.

A nice think about the Rock River conversion using is that it forms a nice template when it is out of the gun - insert the mag into the conversion block and use a sharp point to score the magazine using the opening for the mag latch. The locking mechanism does not scratch or bugger up your lower. It's very similar to what you see in a Colt 9mm AR, except that an AR delivered from Colt has the block permanently pinned in place.

There is a catch about the catch that doesn't catch because the magazines follow nub that travels up the rear of the Colt AR 9x19 mags. Colt 9mm mags will hold the bolt open on the last shot; converted UZI mags won't.

Very happy with reliability and performance.

Stern Defense, works flawless even with Promag Glock mags.

In case you dont already know... You should change out the buffer and spring as this is going to become a straight blowback.

A stiffer spring will help slow down the heavier 9mm bolt and save wear on your lower & bolt catch. Also, a $1.50-2.00 in quarters in your buffer tube, along with the stiffer spring could/should help the cyclic rate. (I think I used a 308 spring in my 9mm ar set up)

Back
Top Bottom