• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR15 with 20 inch barrell or upper

I was wondering if anyone has any information on where I could get a 20 inch upper for AR's. It seems like they're really hard to find either a full rifle or just the upper. Also, is there anyway you can buy a complete rifle or build a rifle for under $1000? I did see one from BCM but I'm I correct in saying that those are not allowed in Massachusetts ?? If anybody has any information on this that would be great I'd really appreciate it.

i think Stag and RRA sell compliant 20inch rifles and uppers. BCM never has their 20" in stock

email Pete from ar15sales.com. I think hes still in NH

Last edited:
Windham VEX SS. A bit over your price point, but I've seen them in shops. I've got one, and it's very accurate.

I built my ar for just under $500. It shoots better then both of my buddies ar's 1 being a m&p15 and the second a ruger. Plus it weights a lot less.

Anderson lower $60
PSA lower parts kit with stock and buffer $90
Karri's nitride upper 16" with bcg and charging handle $320
Fake suppressor (to cover threads) $20

Karris 20" upper is $379

Last edited:
i think Stag and RRA sell compliant 20inch rifles and uppers. BCM never has their 20" in stock

email Pete from ar15sales.com. I think hes still in NH

pete has moved to florida but still offer the great deals and service...... hes all up to speed on what can and can not be shipped to ma and if you have a FFL to ship to for complete rifles his prices are tough to beat on STAG, RRA , LMT also dont be afraid to call him and see ehat he might have on the shelf.

I think these have been out of stock for some time....good luck with midway on thier back orders.... if it doesnt post a expected restock date you most likely will never see it https://www.windhamweaponry.com/shopexd.asp?id=320
heres a basic 20" A2 ........
then another option if you can live https://www.windhamweaponry.com/shopexd.asp?id=406 with out a muzzle device ( great if you want to play with different gas blocks and rails later)

I have a RRA standard A2 its been great and shoots just fine.

Last edited:
I just went thru the same evolution here: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...her-quot-what-should-I-build-quot-thread-AR15

I am awaiting delivery on a White Oak Armament 22" Varmint upper for $655 delivered, to park on top of the $180 Anderson / Wyndham A2 stock lower I bought from a member here.
Well under a kilobuck for the complete rifle, another $60 for a nikon scope mount.
WOA did NOT have the 20" in stock when I tried to process the order.

I looked at RRA and really, really like their Extended Optics Platform (I think) uppers but it got spendy when I built one out in similar specs to the WOA.

I think these have been out of stock for some time....good luck with midway on thier back orders.... if it doesnt post a expected restock date you most likely will never see it

Somebody jumped on it. The Del-Ton uppers were in stock when I posted that

Somebody jumped on it. The Del-Ton uppers were in stock when I posted that

You could also order direct from Delton. They will also do the compliance work. I priced out an A2 upper 20" pin welded brake for 485(I think) I don't remember if that included shipping though.

thought i saw some in the rra catalog. maybe pricey though.

Rock River has several 20" options from basic mil spec A2 to National Match and Varmint. They also have the new "cmp" service rifle.

I have one of these
Rock River Arms National Match A2 part # AR0750B with 1/4 MOA sights.
They are a bit expensive bought direct from RRA List Price is 815$
I love mine and I'm sure you can get a better price on complete rifle part # AR1600
From AR 15 sales. Com

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom