• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR15 used to kill 3 burglars

That woman provides the service of giving the DA a target. Remember the line near the end of National Treasurer when the FBI agent is talking to the character played by Nicholas Cage and says "Somebody has to go to jail". Same deal here. There are deaths and someone has to pay to balance the prosecutorial books.

Why is she charged with murder? She's a get away driver right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's, in my opinion, a misapplication of the felony murder rule.

Nobody was murdered. Three criminals were killed in rightful and justified self defense. She wasn't involved in a felony that caused anyones murder or unjust death.

Had one of the occupants or a bystander been killed, different story entirely. She would have been involved in a felony that led to the unjust death or actual murder of someone.

Nobody was murdered. Three criminals were killed in rightful and justified self defense. She wasn't involved in a felony that caused anyones murder or unjust death.

Had one of the occupants or a bystander been killed, different story entirely. She would have been involved in a felony that led to the unjust death or actual murder of someone.

In my brain I hundred percent agree with you.

In my heart I say lock her up.

Sometimes you just got to go with your heart

She's a criminal who deserves serious time for her part in an armed home invasion/burglary. But not murder, considering nobody was murdered nor did she kill anyone.

It appears you mis-understand the concept of felony murder.

If two people rob a place, and one in shot and killed by the cops, the other is guilty of felony murder. Same concept here.

If someone going to do a home invasion they should understand that there's a good chance someone is going to get killed (you, your partners, the cops, innocent bystanders, or the victims) and apparently they don't care. So I say lock him up and never let them out. Someone did die and she brought them to their death.

You can assume with certainty that at least one of the perps was shot in the back. Id say both geographics and demographics are on the shooters side but this very same incident could and would have a far different outcome in a different time zone. I truly hope for a happy and deserved outcome but remember one size does not fit all...

Yeah, nobody gets hit while charging the guy with a gun then tries to run away while mortally wounded. [hmmm]

When will outcomes like this be broadcasted on the national level? Shedding some light on the "good" side of gun ownership

When will outcomes like this be broadcasted on the national level? Shedding some light on the "good" side of gun ownership

Agreed, for the most part. I can see some the LSM spinning it as "3 youths gunned down by teenager with assault rifle" and stupid shit like that.

Hopefully people are getting more immune to the total bullshit that the establishment media puts out there.

found this today...

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/killing-3...-oklahoma-010103618--abc-news-topstories.html

[h=1]Killing of 3 teens during burglary may test Oklahoma 'stand your ground' law[/h]

Seems like a good shoot...

[FONT=&quot]Two were in the kitchen area of the house, Mahoney said; one appeared to have run from the home after being shot but had died in the driveway.

Not even sure why this is a questions...

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Authorities said they had not determined if the shooter, who was armed with an AR-15, would face charges."

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Mahoney said the males were dressed in black, wearing masks and gloves, when they allegedly forced their way through a glass backdoor."

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Mahoney said two of the deceased were considered armed. One had brass knuckles, he said. Another had a knife. Mahoney said the third suspect had not yet been searched by police."

And this is how it should work...

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Rodriguez was arrested on three counts of felony first degree murder (for deaths that occur during the commission of a felony), one count of first degree burglary and one count of second degree burglary. Police said the last count was because the four had allegedly gone to the same home earlier in the day and then returned."[/FONT]

It appears you mis-understand the concept of felony murder.

If two people rob a place, and one in shot and killed by the cops, the other is guilty of felony murder. Same concept here.

Thanks, but I understand it just fine. I don't agree with it. That's a terrible concept. Because again, nobody was murdered.

If two people rob a place, and one of them kills the clerk and then is killed by the cops, the other being charged with felony murder is appropriate.

found this today...

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/killing-3...-oklahoma-010103618--abc-news-topstories.html

Killing of 3 teens during burglary may test Oklahoma 'stand your ground' law

[FONT=&amp]Two were in the kitchen area of the house, Mahoney said; one appeared to have run from the home after being shot but had died in the driveway.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]"Authorities said they had not determined if the shooter, who was armed with an AR-15, would face charges."

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]"Mahoney said the males were dressed in black, wearing masks and gloves, when they allegedly forced their way through a glass backdoor."

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]"Mahoney said two of the deceased were considered armed. One had brass knuckles, he said. Another had a knife. Mahoney said the third suspect had not yet been searched by police."

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]"Rodriguez was arrested on three counts of felony first degree murder (for deaths that occur during the commission of a felony), one count of first degree burglary and one count of second degree burglary. Police said the last count was because the four had allegedly gone to the same home earlier in the day and then returned."[/FONT]

Dafuq? This isn't stand your ground, this is castle doctrine. Stupid perps committed a home invasion. Stand your ground plays 0, no, none, nada, zip, zilch part in this. Shitty reporting by shitty yahoo.

Dafuq? This isn't stand your ground, this is castle doctrine. Stupid perps committed a home invasion. Stand your ground plays 0, no, none, nada, zip, zilch part in this. Shitty reporting by shitty yahoo.

Highlighted words are redundant.

- - - Updated - - -

found this today...

[h=1]Killing of 3 teens during burglary may test Oklahoma 'stand your ground' law[/h]

[FONT="]Two were in the kitchen area of the house, Mahoney said; [B]one appeared to have run from the home after being shot but had died in the driveway[/B].

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]"Authorities said they had not determined if the shooter, who was armed with an AR-15, would face charges."

[/FONT]
[FONT="]"Mahoney said the males were dressed in black, wearing masks and gloves, when they allegedly forced their way through a glass backdoor."

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]"Mahoney said two of the deceased were considered armed. One had brass knuckles, he said. Another had a knife. Mahoney said the third suspect had not yet been searched by police."

[/FONT]
[FONT="]"Rodriguez was arrested on three counts of felony first degree murder (for deaths that occur during the commission of a felony), one count of first degree burglary and one count of second degree burglary. Police said the last count was because the four had allegedly gone to the same home earlier in the day and then returned."[/FONT]

LOL. I KNEW it was only a matter of time before the left media was going to publish a story like this [rolleyes]

I still say they were lined up in the hallway like ISIS hostages. I dont care what the media says... one shot. three kills. damn good shoot. the worlds a happier place. end of story...

I changed my mind. All applications of felony murder are inappropriate.

I was interviewed to be on the jury for a murder trial, but disqualified because my folks (I was living at my parents at the time) were neighbors of the prosecutor.

One interesting point in voir dire was the felony murder rule. The prosecutor asked numerous questions about how jurors felt about it, if they though it was "unfair", etc. Nobody who expressed any reluctance to apply the concept was getting on that jury.

I was interviewed to be on the jury for a murder trial, but disqualified because my folks (I was living at my parents at the time) were neighbors of the prosecutor.

One interesting point in voir dire was the felony murder rule. The prosecutor asked numerous questions about how jurors felt about it, if they though it was "unfair", etc. Nobody who expressed any reluctance to apply the concept was getting on that jury.

I'm not surprised at all. Prosecutors love it. In at least one state, their high court upheld it on the basis it gives the prosecutors more options for plea bargains, which in itself, proves how unjust it is. As if giving prosecutors more leverage over people is in the interest of justice. What could go wrong? I mean we totally should want actual guilty people to plea down to lesser sentences and actually innocent people subjected to trial where they face even more severe sentences. Yet this is precisely how our injustice system intends to operate.

And let's not forget how the one of the main principles of a real justice system, mens rea, doesn't exist at all with felony murder. Completely absent. Which is why there have been instances in which the actual perpetrator of a killing got less time in a manslaughter plea while someone only tangentially related got life without parole for felony murder. I'd love to hear an argument for that being just.

I'm not surprised at all. Prosecutors love it. In at least one state, their high court upheld it on the basis it gives the prosecutors more options for plea bargains, which in itself, proves how unjust it is. As if giving prosecutors more leverage over people is in the interest of justice. What could go wrong? I mean we totally should want actual guilty people to plea down to lesser sentences and actually innocent people subjected to trial where they face even more severe sentences. Yet this is precisely how our injustice system intends to operate.

And let's not forget how the one of the main principles of a real justice system, mens rea, doesn't exist at all with felony murder. Completely absent. Which is why there have been instances in which the actual perpetrator of a killing got less time in a manslaughter plea while someone only tangentially related got life without parole for felony murder. I'd love to hear an argument for that being just.

I'm new to this argument but I'm tending to go with bones on this one.

found this today...

[FONT="]Two were in the kitchen area of the house, Mahoney said; [B]one appeared to have run from the home after being shot but had died in the driveway[/B].

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]"Authorities said they had not determined if the shooter, who was armed with an AR-15, would face charges."

[/FONT]
[FONT="]"Mahoney said the males were dressed in black, wearing masks and gloves, when they allegedly forced their way through a glass backdoor."

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]"Mahoney said two of the deceased were considered armed. One had brass knuckles, he said. Another had a knife. Mahoney said the third suspect had not yet been searched by police."

[/FONT]
[FONT="]"Rodriguez was arrested on three counts of felony first degree murder (for deaths that occur during the commission of a felony), one count of first degree burglary and one count of second degree burglary. Police said the last count was because the four had allegedly gone to the same home earlier in the day and then returned."[/FONT]

this is the liberal media, pushing their agenda. it was a good shoot, the cops in OK know it was a good shoot, all the evidence points to that.
The MSM rides on:
1. All three were killed
2. They were shot with an AR

A few 5.56 rounds and 3 toe tags,
They won't be missed.

Their parents will miss them.

And unless he's a sociopath the young man that shot them will be tormented by this for the rest of his life.

A very unfortunate story all around imho. Exactly zero winners.

- - - Updated - - -

this is the liberal media, pushing their agenda. it was a good shoot, the cops in OK know it was a good shoot, all the evidence points to that.
The MSM rides on:
1. All three were killed
2. They were shot with an AR

Rifle rounds are more lethal than pistol rounds, there is no way to deny that.

And unless he's a sociopath the young man that shot them will be tormented by this for the rest of his life.

I disagree. This is the West not Cali. or the liberal NE.

It's a very different culture out there. Remember all the redness on the map that votes republican?Peer pressure alone will help this guy along.

They needed killing.

He he might get tired of getting pats on back.

I figure if you shoot someone the intent is to impose death no matter what type of firearm you use. Otherwise why shoot them?

To deter them from whatever they are doing/are about to do.

You may intend to kill them but the reality is that pistol rounds (rifle rounds too though with different probability) impose probability of death not certainty of death. Check the Chicago stats. The more rounds the higher the probability.

It would be interesting to know how many rounds the victim fired in this case.

I disagree. This is the West not Cali. or the liberal NE.

It's a very different culture out there. Remember all the redness on the map that votes republican?Peer pressure alone will help this guy along.

They needed killing.

He he might get tired of getting pats on back.

I don't have that kind of bloodlust.

It's pretty well established that non-sociopaths do have a difficult time with the mental consequences of killing. You might think it wouldn't bother you but you won't really know until you're in that situation.

The three dead perps all had no criminal record according to my brief scan of the story. This caper, planned by the woman "getaway driver" as I understand it, obviously turned out to be a terrible idea for all involved.

Last edited:
I'm out of step with the vocal minority here in that I don't have that kind of bloodlust.

The three dead perps all had no criminal record according to my brief scan of the story. This caper, planned by the woman as I understand it, obviously turned out to be a terrible idea for all involved.

It's OK. I'm probably a sociopath. I had the police remove some squatters from one of my apartments on Christmas Eve, and I still chuckle about it.

BTW. They should have told the kid it was their first home invasion.

Back
Top Bottom