• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR15 Upper build question (legal stuff)

556USER

NES Member
First off I'm in Massachusetts. I recently picked up a near mint Colt R6500 AR15-A2. The gun was manufactured in 1987 (Pre AWB of 94) I plan to put the existing upper away and build an upper for everyday use. I have a couple questions for the members here:

1. Can my new upper for this gun have the same "evil" features such as a threaded barrel and flash suppressor that are now on the factory upper? Barrel will remain over 16" and it will lose the bayo lug.

2. The current configuration of the lower is the fixed stock. Can I legally put an adjustable stock on it or does the stock have to remain fixed as manufactured?

Thx

Wait, how does a launcher affect the lower? It attaches to the upper, no?

pre-94 lower is exempt from AWB, thus one can enjoy an underslung launcher. this LMT one looks high quality like everything else LMT. the 37mm size is apparently unusual but plenty of fun options like smoke. i have no experience w these but they sure look nifty!

in terms of a pre 94 rifle, one in good shape to me is semi collector piece. i would make it a safe queen not festoon it with modern mlok furniture. my mileage.

Back
Top Bottom