AR15 stock ?'s

Ok, I just bought a Stag AR15, it came with a pinned "collapsible" stock. While inspecting my new rifle, I just had to see how it was pinned, and if I could shorten it up a bit. I noticed that the buffer tube goes all the way to the fully extended posistion, thus making it impossible to re-pin at a shorter distance.

My question's are:

1 - If I buy a collapsable stock can I have multiple pin points that can be changed as long as you need a "tool" to change.

2 - Do I need a new buffer tube, or should the new stock come with one?

3 - If I got something like the ACE entry stock what else would I need to buy to ensure proper fit and function.

I'm new to AR's and was just trying to weigh my options. I'll post pics of my current stock to help clarify.
Thanks,
Tim

This is only personal opinion, (so no offense to those who like them). A pinned collapsable standard stock is just awful. I never liked them anyway - even when we could have them. The cheekweld is horrible. The exception to the rule comes from Magpul and believe it or not, a CAA I shot this weekend. I cannot however see the benefit in modifying a $200.00 stock to comply with Mass law. Therefore - I went with this and LOVE it!

http://prostores2.carrierzone.com/servlet/defensive-edgenet/-strse-83/Sully-Stock/Detail

DSCN0053.jpg

Last edited:
massmark, What are the benifits of your stock over a A2. For me almost every gun I own/try the stocks comb is to low(drop@comb) I been looking for something to help with that. Your stock picture almost looks as if the comb has a slight radius to it?

I'm building an M4gery and have an AR Stoner collapsible stock. I'm drilling it for all 6 positions along the bottom rail and I'm thinking of using a cotter pin, so I can change the position with pliers and a new pin, iff'n I choose.

massmark, What are the benifits of your stock over a A2. For me almost every gun I own/try the stocks comb is to low(drop@comb) I been looking for something to help with that. Your stock picture almost looks as if the comb has a slight radius to it?

First, it's more compact - 8 inches without the spacer, (which I added on mine). Personally, I dislike A2 stocks on a carbine almost as much as I dislike pinned collapsable stocks. The stock also offers you the opportunity to attach sling mounts nearly anywhere you wish, (it's solid). The newer models have no lower sling mount at all. The comb lines my noggin up perfectly with my sights and it balances so well. If you are out this way or at the next shoot, you are welcome to try it....

I'm building an M4gery and have an AR Stoner collapsible stock. I'm drilling it for all 6 positions along the bottom rail and I'm thinking of using a cotter pin, so I can change the position with pliers and a new pin, iff'n I choose.

good idea, wish I could do that with the stock that I have. It looks like a collapsible but it is a fraud. I hate Mass!

Back
Top Bottom