Ar15 registration.

How we doing Gents, quick question that I’m sure has been discussed at some point, just looking for some direct answers and advice. Just theoretically if one had a 22lr registered Ar with complete upper and lower post AWB, could one swap out the upper to fire a different caliber I.e 5.56/223 ect.

respectfully, go f*** yourself Maura Healey

Didn't this just come up very recently and then get locked?
IBTL!!!!!
edit......my bad, it was a glock thread. This sounds familiar though.

If your AR in .22LR is a S&W M&P 15-22 then no*.
But if your rifle is a standard AR that has a conversion bolt kit and such, you can swap around stuff until your heart is content.
Just watch your evil-feature count if your rifle lower was manufactured after September 13, 1994...

Who manufactured your lower receiver...?

Aero precision am multi

That makes it a Standard AR Lower receiver that has a .22LR upper receiver/ bolt/recoil spring & buffer/ and magazine. (or, combination thereof)

Remove Upper and ALL .22LR conversion parts, install correct spring and buffer for your Upper receiver length, .223/5.56x45 Bolt-Carrier Group and AR15/M16 magazine
No legal requirement to report caliber change unless attempting to convert to a pistol-AR, which you are too late to do...

How we doing Gents, quick question that I’m sure has been discussed at some point, just looking for some direct answers and advice. Just theoretically if one had a 22lr registered Ar with complete upper and lower post AWB, could one swap out the upper to fire a different caliber I.e 5.56/223 ect.

Sorry, ain’t taking the bait....HI MAURA!!!

Yes

That makes it a Standard AR Lower receiver that has a .22LR upper receiver/ bolt/recoil spring & buffer/ and magazine. (or, combination thereof)

Remove Upper and ALL .22LR conversion parts, install correct spring and buffer for your Upper receiver length, .223/5.56x45 Bolt-Carrier Group and AR15/M16 magazine
No legal requirement to report caliber change unless attempting to convert to a pistol-AR, which you are too late to do...
This

I nominate Jack to be the one to officially respond to these questions from now on.
Thanks, but no thanks. I just discount the Healey crap and research the 700 pages of fed and state laws. After close to 40 years in the biz, I think that I can understand about 22.5% of them. Guys like Len, Rob, Randy and others are more qualified. Jack.

I nominate Jack to be the one to officially respond to these questions from now on.

Actually Jack's response is pretty much everything that's Wrong with Northeast Shooters.

By "Wrong" I mean everything that's keeping the site from being as sucessful and prosperous and useful and dynamic as it could be.

If Jack loves to post so much, why doesn't he just take two seconds to post a useful link.

And yes, I understand Jack is a beloved figure here on this board. (Hi Jack. We've met. And I've shot your suppressed shotgun).

Why don't you guys try to turn Northeast shooters from a snarky backwater treehouse who that loves to play in-group politics and outputs a massive signal-to-noise ratio into an reliably excellent place to get accurate information and form useful social contacts which could build cohesion for the 2A movement?

You can do whatever you like--but it's worth asking.

Actually Jack's response is pretty much everything that's Wrong with Northeast Shooters.

By "Wrong" I mean everything that's keeping the site from being as sucessful and prosperous and useful and dynamic as it could be.

If Jack loves to post so much, why doesn't he just take two seconds to post a useful link.

And yes, I understand Jack is a beloved figure here on this board. (Hi Jack. We've met. And I've shot your suppressed shotgun).

Why don't you guys try to turn Northeast shooters from a snarky backwater treehouse who that loves to play in-group politics and outputs a massive signal-to-noise ratio into an reliably excellent place to get accurate information and form useful social contacts which could build cohesion for the 2A movement?

You can do whatever you like--but it's worth asking.
Thanks for the compliment. And Megan agrees. Jack.

Lol I’m the furthest thing from Maura

Now that Enbloc and others have answered the question. . . .

What IS the furthest thing from Maura? A heterosexual dude or a homosexual dude????

As far as Jack, he can be an a-hole here sometimes. But THIS thread??? A quick search would answer the question for the OP. I'm sure there is a thread in mASS Legal forum.

As far as us not being a kumbaya-fest here, I've yet to see a gun board that is. As far as our "politics" ummm, I'm going to oppose just about everyone that is anti-gun. That means that the party with anti-gun sentiments is also the party of free stuff and less freedom. So you're going to find a one-sided political debate here. Hell, I'm one of the "liberal" ones here according to some. LOL

Back
Top Bottom