• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR15 Quad Rail Gas Block : What Front Sight

So are you saying that you have one of these?
th

with a crudely pinned muzzle brake.

I would probably remove the brake, and replace the quad rail gas block with a standard front sight post gas block, then reattach the muzzle brake.

Your only other option without removing the muzzle brake is to cut off the quad rail gas block, then use a split type sight block. This is going to be harder than removing the muzzle brake and putting it back on. If the gas block is out of alignment, it is probably better to fix any issues with it.

Could cut the quad rail block off and put a bolt on low pro gas block in its place and the install a rail like the TROY battle rail that you can mount to the barrel nut with out worrying about the brake. I did this when I got bored with the configuration of my first upper, it had a flip up front sight that I cut up with a dremil to fit under a longer rail.

Come to think of it, you could just use the front sight I had on that rifle, assuming it is a .75 barrel.

YHM-9394%20Flip%20Sight%20Tower-2T.jpg

Yankee Hill Machine YHM Front Flip Sight Tower

I purchased a UTG gas block height front sight

As I have an Aimpoint on it, it will only serve as a backup sight but it is there

View attachment 68070

There are others you would be looking for a gas block height front sight.

Some say they don't like them because if you shoot "alot" the heat can cause it to distort, so it should be relied upon really, only as a back up

Back
Top Bottom