Ar15 Pistol

Hello all,

Just looking for some info on building an ar pistol. Do I need to do anything different other than the pistol buffer tube? This might be a dumb question but I don't know anything about this as this will be my first ar pistol.
Thanks

Short answer is you can't do it in MA. Any other non-moonbat states and the only legal requirements are a virgin receiver (that was not sold to you as a 'rifle' receiver) and a pistol buffer tube.

first and formost you need a lower then as never been registered as a 'rifle'. some FFL's tranfer them as one instead of a 'frame' (though in this case a 'pistol' one is perfectly fine). Biggest problems with the Mass AWB is the weight limit and the 'no cover of the barrel'. The only way 'arround' this is by useing a fixed magazine. The problem with that is that there is nothing in MGL about what a 'fixed magazine' vs a 'detachable magazine' is.

So if you build one with a 'fixed' mag, keep a copy of the laws with you just in case someone gives you greif. Even then, be aware that you may BECOME the case law.... one way or the other....

Back
Top Bottom