• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR15 pistol

DSCN4618.jpg
Just finished it last night. Noveske 10.5" upper, painted the receivers with cerakote fde. Heading to the range in a few to try it out.

What weight buffer did you end up using? Is that with a standard pistol length gas tube, or a carbine length? Post back up how it shoots.

Planning my 300 Blackout pistol build, and thinking of making another in .223/5.56 NATO. Going with the buffer tube that accepts the carbine length spring. I'm planning on making mine black. I like the 'evil black' firearms. [rofl2]

What weight buffer did you end up using? Is that with a standard pistol length gas tube, or a carbine length? Post back up how it shoots.

Planning my 300 Blackout pistol build, and thinking of making another in .223/5.56 NATO. Going with the buffer tube that accepts the carbine length spring. I'm planning on making mine black. I like the 'evil black' firearms. [rofl2]
Carbine length gas, H2 buffer. I wanted to build a 300 blackout, but once I saw the cost of ammo that kind of stopped it, for now.

Carbine length gas, H2 buffer. I wanted to build a 300 blackout, but once I saw the cost of ammo that kind of stopped it, for now.

I hear ya on the cost of ammo... I figure I'll be set up to reload rifle by the time I get the pistol built. So, I'll just go that route. I want to build a 300 Blackout rifle too.

I plan on going with the free float tube as close to the end of the barrel as I can get. No fixed front sight on mine. I might go with flip-up BUIS on it, along with a dot. Or just a dot. I have plenty of time to decide, and get parts.

Looking forward to hearing how it shoots as it sits.

Just got back from Chester Rod and Gun. The pistol was perfect. I put 120rnds of XM193, and 120 rounds of Herters 55gr steel cased through it.Every round, fed, fired and extracted. I didn't have my front sight tool with me, so I wasn't looking to sight it in perfectly, but the way it sits, I was easily putting my rounds into the steel silhouettes at 150 yards. It needs a sling, and I fired my last 120 through it without the KX3 on it. Just a standard a2 birdcage instead, might leave ar flash hider on it and sell the kx3. I'm very happy with it, and definately prefer it to the Sig P556 I had last year.

Back
Top Bottom