• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR15 Optic

A Primary Arms micro dot would be my recommendation. Cheap, holds zero, durable enough for most purposes. You'll need a riser for it though.

When you're ready to spend a bit more I'd go for a Vortex Spitfire 3x. Durable, good warranty, and when your batteries fail, the reticle is still etched into the glass. The only downside is you need a screwdriver or actual tool to adjust height/windage - a cartridge rim won't do it.

Been reading a little more about optics and had a follow up to my op. Heavily leaning toward a vortex red dot, but was hoping for some firsthand experiences. Considering the strike fire, spitfire, and sparc depending on feedback and price. From what I can find they can all be had for between 150-200$ if you shop around.

Also, if anyone is interested, the spitfire is on sale at psa for 150.

A Primary Arms micro dot would be my recommendation. Cheap, holds zero, durable enough for most purposes. You'll need a riser for it though.

When you're ready to spend a bit more I'd go for a Vortex Spitfire 3x. Durable, good warranty, and when your batteries fail, the reticle is still etched into the glass. The only downside is you need a screwdriver or actual tool to adjust height/windage - a cartridge rim won't do it.

The other thing about the spitfire is the eye-relief is only about 2.5-2.8 inches. If you're looking for a red dot and expecting unlimited eye-relief this would be an issue. That is why I went with a PA 1-6x24 scope, which actually has better eye-relief at 4-4.5 inches. Also got the vortex strikefire red/green dot. Amazon has them for $169 which is a lot of bang for the buck.

http://www.amazon.com/Vortex-Optics...p/B00HYRGXOY/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

Back
Top Bottom