• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR15 Newbie Build Question

Hello, I am interested In building my own AR. I have never done this before but I build almost everything I own so it's appropriate :p. My question is in regards to buffer assembly. I would by the stripped lower, parts kit, and a fixed stock likely from Magpul. Where in this process do I get the buffer tube, buffer and spring? The parts kit doesn't contain it nor does the stripped lower, and from what I've read the Magpul stocks do not either. So, could someone provide guidance on this aspect of building an AR15? Thanks.

Most gun stores have the buffer tube, spring and buffer. Or you can go to any of the hundreds of online stores that carry them. Or you can look on Amazon for them.

It's not brain surgery here.

Just finished my first build...its easier than you think and addictive. There are tons of threads here about it...search. Read. Learn. DO. Its really no too hard...shoot..I did it.

PSA sells a complete lower build kit with magpul fixed stock and grip including buffer tube

I'm going to order one my self this week

Depends which fixed stock you want to use.

Magpul sells one for the rifle length buffer and one for the carbine buffer.

But that said . Amazon is your friend. . My brother and coldayinhell both got a complete carbine buffer setup from amazon.
Buffer,extension. Rear plate ,castle nut and buffer spring

I've gotten a rifke setup to .
Buffer, extension , spring .

Looking under 50$ with shipping and you can use the comma2a link.

I got mine from Rock River under a C&R dealer account. Can't beat the price, and the stock kits come complete, with buffer, spring, tube etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you run into a jam, YouTube it up! hahaha uh, as hinted at by other replys, best of luck if you are hitting a brick wall with where to get the buffer system! Build yourself some of dem internets and throw it in a "Goggles search"

Back
Top Bottom