• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ar15 magazines

You can also go the G3/HK91 pattern rifles. It’s a little heavy but it has a hidden weapon within a weapon, it’s a 308 and the magazines are cheap. But if you run out of ammo you can always use the BCG as a hammer

Attachments

• F09B21EE-1E53-491B-B598-523686AB646F.jpeg
    F09B21EE-1E53-491B-B598-523686AB646F.jpeg
    10.6 KB · Views: 9
SCAR 16 how much they go for $2k ? My question is why is that a reasonable price vs a AR15 ?

New Scar 16 is probably $3K and 17 is a few hundred more. I would love to own one. Even at the current MA asking prices, one can probably assemble three AR15s for that same amount though. Also can add a conversion kit or an adapter in the AR15 magwell and shoot 9mm, 22lr, etc to reduce ammo expense. Can't go wrong with any of the suggestions already provided.

32rd 9mm Colt mag (pic from Firearms blog w/ backwards rear sight; LOL)
bU4vPNI.jpg

I have two, one of them an original Colt from the early 80s that had little use, and didn’t spend $2k for either one. Patience is key. Good luck with your hunt - it’s worth it!

New Scar 16 is probably $3K and 17 is a few hundred more. I would love to own one. Even at the current MA asking prices, one can probably assemble three AR15s for that same amount though. Also can add a conversion kit or an adapter in the AR15 magwell and shoot 9mm, 22lr, etc to reduce ammo expense. Can't go wrong with any of the suggestions already provided.

32rd 9mm Colt mag (pic from Firearms blog w/ backwards rear sight; LOL)
bU4vPNI.jpg
IMHO $3k is just dumb. I just don’t see it. To each there own though. When you likes it you buyz it.

Im looking to get a 5.56 rifle. I know in MA, other than a 2k plus preban ar15, there are a few other options like cz bren 805, ruger mini14.

Do any of those options work with preban ar15 magazines? What about 9mm? Any that accept older glock magazines? Looking to keep it around 1300, but would like higher capacity. Thanks!

Around $1300? I would look at the Bren 805, they are discontinued for the the 806 (no known time they will hit the US market) you can find them used around $1300ish.

Other options that take AR15 magazines are Scar16, Tavor SAR, Tavor x95 and the Bren 805. The Ruger Mini 14 has proprietary magazines.

The only gun you can have be 5.56 and 9mm with ease is a tavor, you can swap out kits and shoot either 9mm or 5.56. As far as a carbine that take glock mags you could go the AR route or one of my favorites is the Ruger PC9. There are a lot of 9mm carbines, however not a lot that have pre bans. Really only Uzi or Mp5, there are colt 9mm pre bans but harder to find and more money.

Around $1300? I would look at the Bren 805, they are discontinued for the the 806 (no known time they will hit the US market) you can find them used around $1300ish.

Other options that take AR15 magazines are Scar16, Tavor SAR, Tavor x95 and the Bren 805. The Ruger Mini 14 has proprietary magazines.

The only gun you can have be 5.56 and 9mm with ease is a tavor, you can swap out kits and shoot either 9mm or 5.56. As far as a carbine that take glock mags you could go the AR route or one of my favorites is the Ruger PC9. There are a lot of 9mm carbines, however not a lot that have pre bans. Really only Uzi or Mp5, there are colt 9mm pre bans but harder to find and more money.

Thank you for that information!

This, so this ^^^

The reason YOU NEED a STANDARD PLATFORM AR15 is because when push comes to shove, and rifles/accessories/parts/maintenance supplies/tools DRY UP,
having a STANDARD PLATFORM AR15 will be critical, because you can salvage parts from damaged rifles to keep yours IN THE FIGHT .

While the CZ and Tavor and other platforms are nice, they should not be your FIRST PURCHASE. Once you have a STANDARD PLATFORM AR15 , buy anything your heart desires.

And remember, have a back-up bolt carrier group that you have function-tested, a full spring set, a spare firing pin/lower-parts-kit/extractor/charging handle/piston rings/magazine rebuild kits/etc.

Or, don't...

~Matt

iu
iu

iu
iu
iu
I have to begrudgingly agree. As much as I don't "love" the AR platform, I have three of them partly because they are "the standard." Sort of like how an Italian restaurant needs to have chicken parmesan on the menu, in my opinion an able bodied American gun owner more or less needs to own at least one AR platform rifle (and I'd say a 9mm pistol as well). Nevermind the fact that like 10 days ago I spent $900 on a BCM upper.

In the age of potential bans and whatnot, the sheer ubiquitous nature of the AR rifles should ensure parts availability and continued opportunities for long life of use. If an AWB passes tomorrow, I don't know what kind of market will remain for the other more esoteric rifle styles.

The BREN is really cool and if money were no object, I'd consider one "for fun." I still prefer the AK type rifles but I think I've done enough shooting at this point to demonstrate to myself that I shoot an AR faster and more accurately.

I'll probably renege on this, but the only new modern rifle I see myself getting (milsurp is still my interest) is a CZ Scorpion Evo in 9mm, since I don't own any PCC and it just seems really sweet and ambidextrous. A 223 AK would be sweet, too, but I'm already getting to the point where I am getting buried in rifles and I should stop buying more (still need an Arisaka though).

Or just buy an AK and don't worry about function at all.... Chinese made are all preban and available on Gunbroker cheaper than a MA "pre-Healey" WASR in MA.

iu
iu

Back
Top Bottom