• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR15 Lower Question - Function Check

Hey guys,

I just assembled my AR lower. First time I've done this, I had a hell of a time getting the pin for the trigger guard in, as you can see from the pics. I scratched the hell out of the receiver. Anyways, when checking the fire selector, with the hammer up, as seen here - - the selector only goes that far to the safe position. With the hammer down - - it goes to safe, and everything functions normally. Is this normal, or did I screw something up? I couldn't find anything on it, so I apologize if this is something basic that I just didn't read about. Any info is appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:
I believe it’s by design.

Sorry to hear about the trigger guard pin. I used the tape on vice grips method and things went pretty smoothly.

Thanks guys. I did the vice grips with tape on it, and the tape ripped through. The pin was deformed or something. Biggest pain in the ass ever that one part was.

I did my Delaware lower and Timberwolf LPK The fit on the bolt catch pin and trigger guard where VERY TIGHT!!!!!!!!! pins or reciever ???? Take care go slow and when in doubt contact someone who knows more than you! I had some issues....the finish on the delaware lowers does not seem as tough as my other ARs. It is Aluminum after all so it will get messed up easy if not handled correctly.

Over all for the pricee point as long as it doesnt fall into peices when I shoot it I will be happy. Only for range plinking build anyway.

use a small drop of oil on the roll pin for the trigger guard.... it goes in like a dream. My buddy uses a drop of dish detergent, that works also. I cover the whole reciever in hockey tape... no scratches! Just my two cents!

Back
Top Bottom