AR15 Lower I added upper question

When I bought my AR lower receiver it was registered with no barrel length, obviously. I have since obtained an upper for it.

Do I need to re-register this as a complete rifle? Or is no action by me needed?

Thanks very much

That's almost a philosophical question [laugh]. Personally I would file a second FA-10, but Cross-X has said he wouldn't bother. I don't think there's much way to get in trouble either way.

I'd probably file a 2nd FA-10 as well, just for CYOA purposes. On a somewhat related note, is there any other group of people that spends more time worrying about trying to not break the law than MA gun owners?

On a somewhat related note, is there any other group of people that spends more time worrying about trying to not break the law than MA gun owners?

no kidding! I think it's the constant fear of losing the LTC that nobody else has to worry about that keeps people in MA on edge. If it weren't for this forum It would have taken me months to figure out how to apply, months to get it and then days to inadvertently break some law.

Personally with the current political climate, I'm going to register all my lowers as complete. That way if anything does happen I'll be covered.

Does that mean you are registering them with uppers? I have wondered about this as well.

I register them with a 16" barrel. I have a bunch of uppers and swap them around on the rifles. So I'll have proof a firearm does exist if push comes to shove.

There are a few others on the board that do this as well, I just started to do the same.

I register them with a 16" barrel. I have a bunch of uppers and swap them around on the rifles. So I'll have proof a firearm does exist if push comes to shove.

Yeah, as long as you have access to an upper as your describing above so that it's not outright fraud, it's not a bad idea to register them now.

Yeah, as long as you have access to an upper as your describing above so that it's not outright fraud, it's not a bad idea to register them now.

I've got more uppers than lowers at the moment, so that won't be a problem when my NES one comes in.

Personally with the current political climate, I'm going to register all my lowers as complete. That way if anything does happen I'll be covered.

If you have uppers for them, sure... otherwise you're filing false information on official documents. Then again, having one upper and placing it on each lower for a moment would suffice.

Back
Top Bottom