AR15 gas port off center

wmass

NES Member
I picked up a Faxon 14.5" barrel recently and had brake pinned/ welded. After install I notice the gas block looked crooked so I removed the forearm loosened the block and slid it forward. Indexing off of the port I reinstalled everything.

IMG_6447.jpg

I took the rifle out last week and ran 100 rounds through it. Other than the 3rd round key holing it functioned flawlessly. Should I be concerned that the block and tube aren't perfectly vertically aligned? Would this cause added stress somewhere? It doesn't appear to be that off that the tube is misaligned to the bcg. Could Faxon or a competent smith remove the barrel extension and clock it correctly?

p.s. my pics always get flipped sideways...sorry.

MMQB would have been to eyeball the gas port alignment before pin and weld. Now, I would leave it alone. The gas block is probably not going to move assuming it's installed correctly/pinned. Removing the the muzzle device will probably destroy it. Paying to unpin it, then send to Faxon to look at it, and paying to have it pin again on a new brake is probably not worth it.

Back
Top Bottom