• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR15 'Friendly' FFL on South Shore

Not sure if this is the right place on the forum for this, so I apologize ahead
of time if it's not. I live on the Shouth Shore, and through AR15.com, have
found a seller in GA with a preban Colt 6550 AR. I'm all set to send the funds,
but have heard recently through a few people that the FFLs I was planning on using
are hesitant (not willing) to transfer preban rifles in state anymore for private sales.
Has anyone used a particular FFL recently to do a transfer?
Thanks
Justin

Like you need any help with this[grin] ....Do all of your business through Carl at fsguns.com The BEST, Period. Tell him I (Jason)sent you as Carl and I have done a lot of business. I have an AR arriving through him soon in the next few days.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply Jason. I figured if all else failed, I could go to
Carl at Four Seasons. Almost every gun I own/have owned has come from them!
I was just hoping for something a little closer to home is all. By the way,
what are their transfer costs?
Thanks again.
Justin

Zero Hour Arms in easton will probably do it for you thats where all my transfers go through

+1 for Zero Hour, They have done transfered pre-bans for me. Also, pre-bans are one of there specialties so if there is the slightest doubt in what you are buying they will be able confirm it's authenticity.

The key to doing this and getting dealer cooperation is that you use a dealer who you frequently buy from anyway.

If you aren't a regular customer, some dealers will refuse and others will try to stick it to you by upping their fees. Not necessarily good business practice, but it does indeed happen.

Thanks for all the replies everyone. I'm going to try JonJ's suggestion as Hanover is a stones throw away.
And then finally, I'll try Four Seasons. I'd like to save the trip up if I can! I did call Zero Hour Arms
and they replied that most likely they would not do the transfer as the AG is more closely looking at these types of transfers now.

Justin

HAHAH!!
Absolutely!
A quick call to Four Seasons and they said, come on in and we'll take care of you! As I knew they would, but I can't get there until Thursday!
The suspense is going to kill me!

I wonder what the AG supposedly looking into these transactions more closely has to do with an FFL not transferring an AR. I have been thinking more and more of getting my own personal FFL. Anyone else?

As long as the S/Ns are defensible as pre-ban AND one can PROVE that the gun was either built or assembled into a kit pre 9/13/94 (definition of pre-ban SAW was NOT that the frame itself exists), the AG can only be a PITA but not do anything about transfers.

Getting your "personal FFL" will likely be impossible in MA (and extremely difficult elsewhere). Do some Google searching on "Home FFL" and you'll discover that the BATFE went to extraordinary efforts to shut-down "kitchen table dealers" over the past 10-15 years. Additionally, MGLs in 1998 PROHIBITED any FFL from any location that wasn't ZONED Commercial. So unless you have a storefront somewhere, willing to spend a fortune in alarming it, barring windows/doors, vaults, etc. the BATFE and your local chief (who issues the state dealer's license) will not give you the licenses to operate.

You can get a C&R FFL as "Joe Homeowner" without the bally-ho but this ONLY allows you to obtain OLD guns (>50 years old or on a special BATFE C&R List), NOT modern guns.

Not sure if this is the right place on the forum for this, so I apologize ahead
of time if it's not. I live on the Shouth Shore, and through AR15.com, have
found a seller in GA with a preban Colt 6550 AR. I'm all set to send the funds,
but have heard recently through a few people that the FFLs I was planning on using
are hesitant (not willing) to transfer preban rifles in state anymore for private sales.
Has anyone used a particular FFL recently to do a transfer?
Thanks
Justin

Justin,
This site should help.

http://www.gunbroker.com/User/DealerNetwork.asp

Type in you zip code and it does the work, or you can do a search of Ma.
Good luck.
Gary

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom