• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR15 Firing pin retaining pin

Can anyone suggest a local (metro Boston) source for AR small parts?

Specifically, I lost my firing pin retaining pin - the regular cotter pin type. I was tearing apart my upper from the car shoot and I lost the damn thing. Id rather not have to place an order from brownells for just this - and I actually dont need any other parts at the moment (a rarity as I am in the midst of two gun projects at present). Does any shop around here carry them?

Better yet, anyone have an extra they could send me? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks.

ETA: I've got a new unused HD hammer spring to trade if interested.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the help folks. I think I am all set.

I will def be getting one or two of those mag plates for situations like this.

I was debating the home depot route. I have a 3/32" stainless cotter pin, looks about the same size, but the "trusty" interweb gives mostly negative advice on using standard cotter pins. Something about hardness and the head of the pin walking out and gouging the wall of the upper. Hence I figured I throw the question out to NES, I figured the AR pros would have a bunch of these around and would be willing to send me one. I figured right.

At any rate, thanks for the offers and help.

First defense in uxbridge has a wall devoted to all the small ar parts. It was pretty impressive for a smaller local shop.

Back
Top Bottom