AR zero question?

rommel

NES Member
Recently I detached all my uppers from my lowers. The uppers had a mix of red dots and scopes. When I remate them, will the zero be spot on, way off or somewhere in the middle. What if I cross match an upper and lower? My gun club is currently closed.

The only thing I can think of that would make a difference is the buffer weight in the lower, and even then I doubt it would move the POI much or at all.

It shouldn't make a difference at all. The bullet doesn't know and doesn't care what happened to the BCG after it'd already left the barrel on it's way to the target.

Aim for center-mass on human-sized targets, less than 50 meters and they'll drop...

Theoretically POI should be the same. However, different lowers and stocks may cause your cheek weld to be different and you may be sighting differently. Should be minor unless you are in a competition.

If you rematch you will be absolutely fine. If you mix them up you will most likely be fine unless you have precision builds or drastically different buffers, spring, triggers etc..

I always re-zero all my handguns every time I take the slides off to clean them..[rofl2]

Nope, not one bit of zero change for an AR type upper.
Unless you removed the optic or sights.
Then I would re-zero the rifle.
If you had a match grade trigger on the completed rifle and you mount it to a lower that now has a standard GI trigger then that may cause a difference.
But just because the trigger is better.

if your not removing the optics you will be fine unless your shooting sub moa all the time everyday.....

Back
Top Bottom