AR uppers... current wait times?

SKS Ray

NES Member
I'm pretty sure I've got another decade before my RRA Predator Pursuit upper comes in. I placed the order a few months ago and know Rock River is notorious for wait times as is, never mind post election orders. That said I'll probably never order from RRA again, even through a distributor.

I've got an LPK on order that should be here in a few weeks and want to get an order in for a standard A4 style complete upper to complete my NES lower build. Anyone know of a source with a not so lengthy wait time?
Keep in mind I know shit as far as quality when it comes to complete uppers. I'm not looking for top of the line but don't want to settle for crap just to get something quick.

Depends on what you want to do with it.

Some news out of Bravo Company USA is that they WILL be getting monthly deliveries from LMT on their more popular parts (BCGs, Uppers etc).

Upper Receiver group is grab some forguards, a BCG + charging handle and your GTG. With basic handguards, BCG, Charging handle and an upper receiver group your looking at about $600 for the upper, minus sights/optics.

Nice thing about BCM is the email notification and lack of waiting lists.

The bad part is all the manufacturers are having a long wait time.

I also think Grant from G&R is now doing 'custom' uppers when he has the parts. He uses, LMT, BCM and I think now Daniel Defense. You will have to email him to see what he has in stock.

Last edited:
A friend of mine is pretty high up at S&W and I asked him about two weeks ago if he has see a drop in demand (new orders as opposed to filling ones that have already been made) and he said, "No let up whatsoever."

Could be quite a while...

I found a dedicated .22LR CMMG upper for sale at the gun shop today. Was about $579 or such. Everything else was Noveske or LMT higher end builds ($1k+)

Who had a Noveske or LMT upper in stock? Did they have any SPR builds with an 18" barrel?

Who had a Noveske or LMT upper in stock? Did they have any SPR builds with an 18" barrel?

Local gun shop. They had no SPR uppers. Mainly 16" either with the normal M4 handguards (about $1.2k) or the DD Omega (1.4k)

Not 100% sure on LMT though.

He actually had a 16" S&W upper in stock at one point, but it went fast. If your looking for a SPR built upper my friend, I'll keep my eye out. The wife and I are usually in there 1-3x a week since its also the local range we practice at.

Last edited:
Maybe a little OT, but since the thread doesn't specify caliber...

If anyone is considering buying a dedicated .22lr upper, Spike's Tactical has their .22 M4-style uppers in stock. I ordered a custom one last week (rifle-length YHM free-float forearm & pinned muzzle brake), and they had it shipped within a couple of days. (It's still on the way, so I can't really give it a personal endorsement yet... I'll save that for another post.)

I have a few non standard uppers but I never considered one of these.

http://www.pse-archery.com/prod.php?k=55444&u=01135
9f2436472913361f35c06034e5f88670.jpg

Back
Top Bottom