AR trigger guard question

shotgunwilly870

NES Member
Sorry if this has been covered, I bought a stripped matrix lower from one of the group buys and I was just wondering what to do for installing a trigger guard since this has the four holes instead of three, should I drill the guard? And install two roll pins (since one side is threaded)its a magpul oversized guard if it matters I'm not sure what's the best way to install this.

Sorry if this has been covered, I bought a stripped matrix lower from one of the group buys and I was just wondering what to do for installing a trigger guard since this has the four holes instead of three, should I drill the guard? And install two roll pins (since one side is threaded)its a magpul oversized guard if it matters I'm not sure what's the best way to install this.

The magpul trigger guards use a small set screw in place of the detent. No drilling needed, and it only goes in from one side.

i got a matrix in the group buy too.
i put a magpul trigger guard in and added a set screw.
really didn't need it though, since the magpul it permanent ( IE: doesn't hinge / open for use with gloves )

It would be missing a mounting point a regular lower uses the spring loaded pin on one side and the roll pin on the other end

And the magpul uses a pin on one side and a set screw where the detent would go on a milspec part. The only difference is the substitution of the set screw where the detent would go, and that's because the magpul version is fixed instead of "flip-able" (for lack of a better word.) That's just how it's designed.

Or maybe I'm confused. It's been known to happen.

I have a New frontier armory lower with the same front hole drilled all the way through, yet my M&P lower only has a hole on the right side front, so I know what you are referring to. If you look at a standard trigger guard that comes in a lower kit it only has a detent for the right side front hole, so I believe using a standard TG and omitting a detent on the left side front would be normal...this is what I did and works fine.
Hope this helps, if not I can ad pictures.

It would be missing a mounting point a regular lower uses the spring loaded pin on one side and the roll pin on the other end

This is my recollection, too. The standard AR guard is put in with a spring loaded pin on one end and staked at the other.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21373846724.466655.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21373846737.550172.jpg

So basically the rear would be pinned with a roll pin as usual and the front just this set screw on one side? I'm thinking about just tapping the other side and have two button head Allen's in front and the roll pin in rear

Back
Top Bottom