AR Stripped Lowers starting to Surplus?

USMA-82

NES Member
I'm starting to see large numbers of stripped lowers show up on the auction boards. Could it be we've turned the corner, and vendors are looking at selling off inventory now?

I guess we'll have to see what the local market is doing. There's a gun show somewhere in Massachusetts every weekend in March!

Most everywhere I look I still see [Out of Stock] for most things AR, especially lowers. Perhaps the increase in lower auctions is due to people or companies that bought in bulk pre-craze and have been holding onto them until just the right moment when supply is low and the price on the street is high.

Thats all well and good, but if I cannot find a barrel I still can't build an AR. [hmmm]

New lowers can still be had for a reasonable price, you just need to know where to get them.

Maybe they are dumping them in fear of another AWB and selling inventory while they can

I have visions of the FCOJ scene in the movie "Trading Places"

BUY BUY BUY..... SELL SELL SELL!!!!

I'm staring to see stripped lowers going for $170. Down from a peak of $200 or $209.

Not sure if there's a trend going, but let's hope.

I'd like to pick up three or four once the market price hits around $120.

Maybe they are dumping them in fear of another AWB and selling inventory while they can

I have visions of the FCOJ scene in the movie "Trading Places"

BUY BUY BUY..... SELL SELL SELL!!!!

Maybe they fear a new AWB will NOT allow resale or transfer! I've read some comments that a new ban would be looking to close that loop hole from he first ban. That would mean everyone who purchased on speculation of reselling banned items later at insane profits will be shit out of luck.

I wanna AR

Like many others I have been caught up in the bho craze. I really really want an ar just for the sake of having another cool toy, or possibly because the libs don't want me to have one. Either way I feel like I am watching the stock market. I want to buy, but do not want to get screwed. Most of all I do not want to miss the opportunity to get one. One question. Is it worth getting a pre ban gun like a colt, or is a bushmaster as good?

I bet there are people that bought them hoping to build into AR's, only to find the number of parts kits on the market is fewer than the number of honest MA politicians.

No shit...

Try to find a barrel nut or a bolt/carrier assembly or even those parts...they are nonexistent. I have several uppers and barrels and all sorts of upper and lower parts...but I am missing the flipping barrel nuts and bolt-carriers...

So... A lot of good that does me! [thinking]

I was talking to Jack of Jack's Black Rifle a month or so ago, and he said that the literal run on parts has put him out of the business of building complete uppers for now.

If you think it is bad for us, the same goes to the Police departments as well...

Walk right into the S&W retail shop at the Shooting Sports Center and order up a lower. I ordered two on Jan. 23rd and picked them up yesterday. $126.40 a piece seems like a steal. You can also order complete lowers in the $350.00 range, although I'm not sure what the delivery time would be. Now as for the rest of the parts...

I'm waiting until after the demand crashes and the supplies are abundant and the prices drop through the floor to get mine. This will happen if no new gun legislature is introduced IMO.

I'm waiting until after the demand crashes and the supplies are abundant and the prices drop through the floor to get mine. This will happen if no new gun legislature is introduced IMO.

OTOH, I went out and bought an AR (my first gun) that wasn't quite what I wanted, based almost solely on price, and on my bet that there will be new legislation before very long.

I've got to head down to see where I want the stock pinned, and pick it up hopefully Tuesday. I'm not thrilled w/ a 16" barrel - I really wanted something significantly longer - but it will do.

ETA: If anyone has a pre-ban gun, wants a collapsable stock for it, and has a fixed stock, let me know...I'm sure that the guy would be happy to swap stocks, and there's no sense in pinning a perfectly good collapsable stock when someone else might get use out of it.

Back
Top Bottom