AR Stripped Lower - Legal Fail

The other train wreck of a thread talking about having an 80% lower finished by someone else without marking them reminded me of this beautiful fail I stumbled across on GunBroker the other night:

"Complete AR15 Milled Lowers... These AR15 lowers are unmarked"

That's right - those are 100% lowers (crappy looking ones at that) with no markings for sale.

Screenshot attached for posterity.

Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 12.39.14 AM.png

Read a little further:

Complete AR15 Milled Lowers batch of 10. These AR15 lowers are unmarked, you MUST be a TYPE7 FFL to purchase. You must legally mark each lower per ATF marking rules. These lowers are bare aluminum, NO coating. Lowers MUST be marked and coated.

These aren't being sold to the general public for transfer by your local corner FFL.

itsatrap.jpg

Read a little further:

These aren't being sold to the general public for transfer by your local corner FFL.

That's what I saw first, while double-checking how many in the batch. One (assuming 07) FFL selling to other 07 FFL's. Although I still wonder why. And at $89 ea, it sounds steep. Especially if you have to inscribe them and coat them somehow. I get we're in a crazy time, but these things were going, complete, from manufacturers for $29-50 a year ago.

There is exactly one legal way to do this and I did not see it called out in the rambling text of the GB post. The buyer gets a marking variance with the seller. The seller then marks the lowers for the buyer per the variance. This still requires the seller to do the marking, log them all into his book and then transfer them to the buyer. So yes, this looks like a total crap show.

Another hit story for the local news station im sure. Create a false ad on GB and the selling of untracable killing machines.

There are more exciting ways to go to jail and for a lot less money.
I could rob a liquor store in Suffolk county, probably not get caught, if I did, probably not get prosecuted... AND I keep the loot.
I'd be more afraid of the mobsters that own the joint.

Personally, I don’t know why people even (ever) post threads like this. Why give the commies any help in their arguments against 80%’rs or point them in the direction to find them.

Opsec/persec should be the word of the day, don’t post things that shouldn’t ever be posted. 🤷‍♂️

This thread and any like it should be scrubbed with acid and any further threads like it should get dick slapped. Just my .02, don’t know the OP and not calling him out personally, just kind of ranting about people not using their heads before posting something just to post something.

Personally, I don’t know why people even (ever) post threads like this. Why give the commies any help in their arguments against 80%’rs or point them in the direction to find them.

Opsec/persec should be the word of the day, don’t post things that shouldn’t ever be posted. 🤷‍♂️

This thread and any like it should be scrubbed with acid and any further threads like it should get dick slapped. Just my .02, don’t know the OP and not calling him out personally, just kind of ranting about people not using their heads before posting something just to post something.
100% agree. But there has to be SOME way to get post counts up. Y'know, other than commenting on threads that should be un-bumped and left to die. Oh, wait....

Back
Top Bottom