AR stripped lower just to confirm

So I have for a long time looked to add a AR to my collection.. Unfortunately after my health issues, and being on disability likely for another year.. I can't really justify the purchase.. However I do have some fears that buy the time I do have the money or feel its a responsible purchase there will be another AWB in place... So as I understand it I can buy a stripped lower on the cheap and slowly put it together my question is.. With the previous AWB were we still able to buy the rest of the parts uppers ect... without a problem or were they also banned?

Thanks I tried to run a search but there is sooo much about lowers and. Uppers I couldent find the answer..

only the lower is the "gun" according to state and fed .gov.

everything else is unregulated and can be shipped right to your door--it's what you do with it afterwards which will get you in trouble or keep you in the clear.

We live under the AWB in Mass already. Re instituting it on a Fed level is not going to impact us.

Also, just owning the lower does nothing for you. The last AWB required that the rifle be fully assembled and legally possessed at the time the ban was enacted. Stripped lowers were not covered.

In other words; it's not something to really worry about.

The last AWB required that the rifle be fully assembled and legally possessed at the time the ban was enacted. Stripped lowers were not covered.

In other words; it's not something to really worry about.

Ahh that's what I wanted to know! Yes I know the mass laws well and its awb but The Lord only knows what the next one will look like

Just get the lower, it's a start. It is the only part that the ATF views as being the rifle. Who the hell cares what the crazy state of MA says. If the feds say it's a rifle then why in the hell would MA say that its not?
Yes you can then build the thing a piece at a time, with everything being mailed right to your house. There are some really first rate parts out there and there are some junk parts out there, like everything else you'll just have to do a little research and shop wisely.

In the end you can build it all one piece at a time. In the end it may be a frankenstein AR, but it will be your own personal custom AR. I've had several of my younger Marines that didn't want to part with the money all at once do the exact same thing. This is one of those things where you can spend a huge amount of money or very little money, it can be made right away or you can slowly take your own sweet time. Also I like the idea of a guy building his own AR rifle, especially if it's his only one he has. If needed, I am sure there are some guys here on NES that could help you out when it comes to putting the thing together.

All that and you get well man.

You can PM me if you have any questions and such.

smitty

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom