• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ar slings, what do you use?

Nooooo! Not Zombie Racists!!!! NOOOOO!!!

Zombie%252520chicken_thumb%25255B1%25255D.jpg

And here is another one, just because it is funny.

2vb2e8.jpeg

In the most recent race riot thread, one of our resident liberals called all of us racists for using the term zombie to describe potential rioters.

ETA; http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/off-topic/213445-zimmerman-race-riots-5.html#post3295583

I recently bought an MS3 through amazon (sold by amazon, not an affiliate). I like it a lot.

So the one's from Amazon are legit? I've seen several people complain that they received knockoffs and I was wondering about the slings that are actually from Amazon and not a third party through Amazon.

So the one's from Amazon are legit? I've seen several people complain that they received knockoffs and I was wondering about the slings that are actually from Amazon and not a third party through Amazon.

I would hope the ones through amazon are legit - doesn't make sense for amazon to not get them directly through magpul (or whoever their distributor is).

I would hope the ones through amazon are legit - doesn't make sense for amazon to not get them directly through magpul (or whoever their distributor is).

I have no trust of anything available for sale online. I barely trust online banking, which is allegedly "secured".

I just ordered a blackhawk single point sling. Don't know how I feel about it. Feels like it hangs too low when I have it slung around my shoulder, even with the sling tightened all the way. I've never used a single point sling, so maybe I'm doing it wrong?

I'm looking for a 2 point sling, with no bungee, that clips on to my sling swivels and won't break the bank.
must be at least 1.25" wide.

nothing fancy but maybe i'm asking for too much?

suggestions?

had an MS3, hated it. rocking a vtac 2 point bungee now. that or a wide padded vtac is my favorite.

So the final version of my rifle has me with the A1 stock and regular handguards. I went back and forth and back and forth with the stock choice, first i wanted a magpul fixed then a magpul collasp. then an A2.

I still want to go with an 2 point sling i already have the front attachment ordered a BFG UWL. Now i need an attachment for the buttstock, What i really want is for the attachment to be on the side of the stock not on top or bottom. I know troy has that QD buttplate and theres the cuff style that has been around for years. Now i was also thinking of putting in either the noveske flushmount qd socket or a IWC socket. I would just drill into the stock and then epoxy it in.

Im just wondering if anyone has any opinions on how they would do it, or have done it?

I havent ordered a sling yet but its pretty much between the Vtac or Vickers

What did you hate about the MS3? I need slings for my rifles, and was going to go with them.

i take that back, hate is such a strong word... lol, i didnt hate it, the adjustment loop just seemed way too stiff and too far behind my back to reach when i needed it. they are good slings and i probably wouldnt have switched, but i tried a vtac wide padded 2 point and was pretty much sold after that.

i just recently got the VTAC bungee sling to try out and i think i have found my sling of choice for my AR's. it cinches tight very easily and releases quick and easy also. weak hand transitions and throwing it over your back are both a breeze. also it is nice to have some bungee play instead of the solid wide padded setup. no single point option but i almost never carry my rifles in single point, unless it was a really short SBR or something. 16" AR's are too long the barrel whacks my legs when im moving which sucks. a big thing about the sling is ur attachment points, the qd stud on the back of the rail, and either on the back of your sling like i have mine in the pic, or on the backplate really seems to be a nice setup, especially if you have a far forward grip on the hand guard.

this is the bungee, IMO $44 bucks is a good deal for such a nice sling, the MS3 is generally a little more pricey.

Amazon.com: Vtac 2 Point Bungee Sling in Coyote New Release 2013: Everything Else

you cant go wrong with either dude, if you can, try them out first.

Last edited:
i take that back, hate is such a strong word... lol, i didnt hate it, the adjustment loop just seemed way too stiff and too far behind my back to reach when i needed it. they are good slings and i probably wouldnt have switched, but i tried a vtac wide padded 2 point and was pretty much sold after that.

I like the vtac slings, but I also have a MS3. If the adjustment loop was behind your back then the sling wasn't set up right in the first place.

I like the vtac slings, but I also have a MS3. If the adjustment loop was behind your back then the sling wasn't set up right in the first place.

not directly behind the back but it was higher up on my side then was comfortable for me to reach.

Mamba slings. Tested and approved by the 3rd infantry division as they kicked ass up the Tigris and Euphraties. Tacticool is one thing battle proven is another.

I originally had an MS3, and sung it's praises in another thread... then I stopped using it in my living room, and ran some classes with it. Sold it.

I now run a Blue Force Padded VCAS Blue Force Gear

Secures much better when moving. Quick adjust is WAY better than MS3. Sling is much more comfortable. I love it.

So I still havent gotten a sling [sad2]

Im currently trying to decide between a couple different ones.

1. BFG vickers
vickers_aa_pb_a-tacs@800.jpg

2. Eddom sling
GSMC1.JPG

3. Gearsector GS 2P
gs-1200_blk_sling.jpg

4. Vtac
vtac_sling_cb_2__1.jpg

This is going on a 16in carbine with A1 stock im going to be using the cuff adapter from gear sector. It has the loop on the side of the stock instead of on top like the vickers cuff. And for a front sling post i bought a BFG UWL and plan on wrapping it around the barrel underneath the front sight post almost like how the israelis attach a sling.

Back
Top Bottom