• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ar slings, what do you use?

johnN

NES Member
looking for opinions on slings. what are the pros and cons of what you have used. i am looking for a new sling for a m4 style build. i have only used standard slings and a cheap 3 point. not sure quite what i want, but am leaning toward a Magpul MS3 Multi Mission Sling.

I have only used the good old usgi canvas sling and the 1907 sling. Far from a tactical sling but they work for me.

5.11 VTac 2 point sling. works the way it's suppose to and is comfy enough. I especially like the quick adjustments you can make in cinching it up or giving yourself more slack.

Magpul MS3 with the Magpul ASAP and RSA. Quality parts, allows you to use it as a single point or two point. I highly recommend it.

I run a Chameleon Sling on all of my long guns. The way its designed it protects the long gun from hitting you in the groin and knees. Instead it moves the gun to the side of your body. Also if your running it on a plate carrier it evenly distributes the weight of your rifle on the carrier, rather then having a strap drag on your neck. You can contact them at [email protected]. Its manufactured locally and a veteran owned business. Feel free to PM me as well for more info. I don't know if the owner of the company wants me putting his cell number on an open forum.

Any three point adjusted properly is the most effective sling out there. IMHO

I hated the 3 points they made us use in the Navy, but I also hated getting hit in the nuts with the single point bungees too. I tried the MS2 and it really didn't do it for me. I have a VTAC Wide 2 point now, and I am a fan.

I made my own. Works great. Let me know if you want the parts listed in the video, I will get them to you for cost. Less than $20 and a little elbow grease!

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever is not prone to get stuck on articles of clothing, equipment, gear, etc, when changing the position of the rifle. This means: no huge buckles, a material that doesn't chafe (I had a Vickers at it chafed like a mo-fo) and is slippery, lightweight, and flexible. VTAC fits most of the criteria pretty well. A simple two-point seemed to work the best for me.

Get the MagPul PRS stock:

26_420_popup.jpg

Replace the sling bars with QR attachments from here: QR Atachments

To get this:

1010570.jpg

Add some kind of loop to the handguard like:

xmag504.jpg

Now get the MagPul MS3 Sling:

Magpul_MS3_QD_Sling_Multi_Mission_QD_Sling_Coy__85821.1349730131.1280.1280.png

Now, you have a nice single point sling, and then, you can put the QR to the rear position, and use the hook latch on the forward mount for a 2-point carry/shooting sling. Works darn well.

Back
Top Bottom