AR question

OK I want to buy an upper for my complete lower but cant really find a post ban upper. If I buy a pre ban style upper with bayo lug and flash hider what do I do to make it MA friendly? Do I just grind off bayo lug? And buy a comp and weld it on the muzzle?

OK I want to buy an upper for my complete lower but cant really find a post ban upper. If I buy a pre ban style upper with bayo lug and flash hider what do I do to make it MA friendly? Do I just grind off bayo lug? And buy a comp and weld it on the muzzle?

There are many places offering postban uppers. Surprised you can't find one. Unless perhaps you're looking for something special.

Yes, you'd have to remove the bayo lug and pin/weld the comp. But again, there are numerous places that sell uppers with pinned comps and no lug, specifically called "post ban" configuration.

ETA: You do realize that you can buy uppers via mail order - they're not controlled like lowers. So that gives you a huge selection of stores and manufacturers.

Last edited:
Well I wanted a delton postban ar15 upper but it doesnt have the m4 feed ramps. They also say 12 to 16 weeks for delivery... I was talking to my brother tonight and he was telling me about a place in IL by his house that has M4 dpms uppers for $450. He was also telling me about Rguns.net he said they are an hour away and they have there own brand for 400 complete. So do I hold out for the 2 to 3 months for the delton or just get one of those and mod it myself?

Avoid DPMS if you can. If you decide to buy a "pre-ban" style upper and have it modified, get BCM upper - they are in stock for about $490 and can be find used on ar15.com for a bit less. David Santurri can make it compliant for you.
Definitly check ar15.com used parts I saw a ban compliant, used RRA upper sell for $270 a few days ago. I had good luck with RRA and Stag is supposed to be decent too.

Back
Top Bottom