• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR question: What type of sling attachment are these made for?

Embarrassed but honestly just don't know. My magpul clips sorta fit them but bind a bit..

Trying to standardize slings to something good all around that does not get in the way and quick detaches.

Ok cool got it, thanks!

I know where the end plate goes, have a few lowers with them :).. just wasn't sure what clip fits it right as mine are not quite right, HK style clears that up!

I actually have one of those magpul end plates too, and see some others minus the jingle ring.. but I think I like the ambi dual hole thing because it is low profile without the sling attached.

Also been looking at stock attachments but for basic carbines I really like magpul MOE stocks, which require a $30+ fitting across all my stocks or moving stocks around, etc etc. Basically trying to standardize to something good and simple...

If the HK clip does it well then great, else will try another end plate (maybe the magpul like ones but without the extra ring).

this is a better one if you're going that way

only if you’re going to stand in one spot at a protest

I have cops come in with these on duty weapons on a regular basis and they are totally destroyed and falling apart , they don’t seem to hold up well under any kind of hard use at all

Embarrassed but honestly just don't know. My magpul clips sorta fit them but bind a bit..

Trying to standardize slings to something good all around that does not get in the way and quick detaches.

Don't be embarrassed, thats a cock ring, likely too big for you.

Last edited:
I have cops come in with these on duty weapons on a regular basis and they are totally destroyed and falling apart , they don’t seem to hold up well under any kind of hard use at all
not doubting you but these are pretty stout...don't see how. welded steel?? if they were aluminium...maybe.

I tried the one point sling but didn't like it and went back to a standard shoulder type like we had on our M16's.

Ya I think it's nice having the D ring available in the setup to switch from two point to one, like if you are literally standing around but I don't see how single point works for moving around much. But then I am short, maybe if you are 6 feet tall the muzzle isn't so close to the ground and you can just stabilize with one hand.

The absolute best quick release sling mounts

That's what I'm going to use on the forend, almost all my hanguards have them and the couple that don't can accept a mount for one.

On the aft end isn't as clear, I know they make end plates for that quick release but the one I have like that not sold on, sticks out a bit more than the ambi slots.

Hoping I Iike the clip on the rear & quick release on the front, but if not I guess I will keep toying around until I find something I do.

not doubting you but these are pretty stout...don't see how. welded steel?? if they were aluminium...maybe.

I hear ya , I would think so too , the ring seems to put a lot of pressure on the plate in turn from what I’ve see the plate bends outward slightly away from the receiver , this allows the little locator block under the plate (which is a separate piece unlike most end plates) falls out allowing the plate to move side to side allowing the detent spring to fall out

I’ve also seen the welded ring loosen up from its spot weld and work free from it locating hole in the plate

I tried the one point sling but didn't like it and went back to a standard shoulder type like we had on our M16's.

I didn't like single point either in my limited time with one. Not very versatile if you're actually hustling around hands-off, and with all the modern slings that can do both 1 and 2 points, there's almost no need for a dedicated 1 point anymore.

Single point is very good if you are transitioning and such. Left to right and back. Super-ninja things.

I transition from the safe to the car to the range to the car to the safe. Maybe a stop at the bench to clean it at one of those spots.

Home defense - also don't need a sling. I don't live in Mar-a-lago or something.

It's cool. One time years ago I got plans on the webby for make-your-own slings. I probably still have them. 1.5" or 1.25" webbing. Snaps and locks and extra strappies and things. It was fairly cheap. It was fun to do. It was about 400x too big with everything locked down with hardware instead of sewing. LOL

I do still have slings. I just don't use them much.

Single point is very good if you are transitioning and such. Left to right and back. Super-ninja things.

I transition from the safe to the car to the range to the car to the safe. Maybe a stop at the bench to clean it at one of those spots.

Home defense - also don't need a sling. I don't live in Mar-a-lago or something.

It's cool. One time years ago I got plans on the webby for make-your-own slings. I probably still have them. 1.5" or 1.25" webbing. Snaps and locks and extra strappies and things. It was fairly cheap. It was fun to do. It was about 400x too big with everything locked down with hardware instead of sewing. LOL

I do still have slings. I just don't use them much.

Yep I rarely think to put a sling on and usually my first inclination is to remove one but occasionally I find it desirable, like when 15 of us are milling around at the pit while someone else shoots or changes "targets".

If you ever gotta carry a rifle around for awhile kinda no way around it too, whether its real SHTF or walking around your property for 15 minutes trying to figure out what went "bump". Seems to be a must have...

Crossed my mind during this looting crap when I realized I might actually need to carry a rifle around if things got bad enough, need a better setup that generally works for all my rifles. Also have a discreet looking backpack on order too, just tall enough to swallow a carbine (or any long AR with the lower separated) and would pass as just a larger backpack to a casual onlooker. Wanted a way to get a rifle into my car or to be able to carry it and mags without being a spectacle.

I didn't like single point either in my limited time with one. Not very versatile if you're actually hustling around hands-off, and with all the modern slings that can do both 1 and 2 points, there's almost no need for a dedicated 1 point anymore.

Cool. Slings have improved and specialized to a degree barely imaginable back when I was in the service. Sling Arms and Port Arms were more than just drills in the Manual of Arms, they were how we were trained to always carry our weapons.

Cool. Slings have improved and specialized to a degree barely imaginable back when I was in the service. Sling Arms and Port Arms were more than just drills in the Manual of Arms, they were how we were trained to always carry our weapons.

Thanks for your service. The quick pull adjustment on modern slings is a killer feature. The 2 in 1 attachments points is also really handy, but that one makes me wonder why it took so long to figure that one out. In my mind, that should have been a thing since the 70's at least. I know HK had their wonky 3 point sling for MP5's. I have one of those, and it sound great in theory, but is kind of a pain in practice.

But then again, I have no service experience to back any of this up, so it's possible that I'm not focusing on what's really important in real world use scenarios.

The quick pull is definitely a nice feature... i like stocks with the QD swivel mounts on my heavier tactical rifles...

but there is something to be said for the lightest carbines with a basic sling or a piece of paracord or whatever is handy.

there are too many options to list for the style of mount from the OP.

Have an HK clip coming in, going to rig up with that on the stock side and see, play around until I get to something I like and then will modify rifles to suit, ie change end plates all to the same if that's what I like.

Back
Top Bottom