• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR-police officer fires at least 15 times into car while on hood in deadly shooting caught on video

Was the driver trying to run over the officer with his car?

If so, that is deadly force.

Therefor, the police officer has the right to fire his gun at the driver.

That is what they say all the time.

Seems like the cop was looking for a pretense to use lethal force. The car was creeping forward at like <5mph when it bumped him. Rather than getting out of the way, the cop opens fire and moves directly in front and jumps on the hood. This is not an action of a man in fear of being run over by a car.

I humbly suggest that the police ought to use the least amount of force reasonable to effect an arrest, rather than deliberately finding ways to justify lethal force in situations where there are clear alternatives.

Would it have been the end of the world to just step away from the car, call for backup to pursue, and slap an additional evasion/resisting charge on the suspect?

if he identified the car why did he not park his vehicle in such a way that would have prevented the other driver from leaving in the car?

It did look like the guy was driving away slowly so I do not agree that the cop was in danger from the vehicle until he jumped on the hood.

But whatever.....he got his man.

Curious to know if they teach jumping on the hood of a moving vehicle and deliberately putting yourself in harms way to stop a suspect? Would he jump in front of a man firing a gun that fast?

I think some retraining is in order.

Last edited:
Starks had been reprimanded 10 times since 2015? While we do not know the details of those 10 separate instances I'm fairly certain internal affairs isn't going to be lenient with ol Starky boy but I could be wrong...

Seems like the cop was looking for a pretense to use lethal force. The car was creeping forward at like <5mph when it bumped him. Rather than getting out of the way, the cop opens fire and moves directly in front and jumps on the hood. This is not an action of a man in fear of being run over by a car.

I humbly suggest that the police ought to use the least amount of force reasonable to effect an arrest, rather than deliberately finding ways to justify lethal force in situations where there are clear alternatives.

Would it have been the end of the world to just step away from the car, call for backup to pursue, and slap an additional evasion/resisting charge on the suspect?
You mean like when they keep inching towards you and invade personal space and end up touching and leo screams stop resisting.

I’m impressed at how calm the woman sounds, fresh out of the hoosegow and sitting in a newly-ventilated car with a newly-ventilated driver. She’s probably deafened, too.

Why don't these trigger happy maniacs just join the infantry? Shoot up terrorists all day long.
Because consequences, if 0311/11 series did what's seemingly more par for the course in regards to what civi LE can get away with they'd quickly find themselves in prison for breaking the ROE. Well that and folks are actually trying to kill you every time you go out on patrol as opposed to the imagined threat some hardos believe working in the super extra killy suburbs.

At first, I thought justified. After watching it a few times, the cop started firing while off to the side of the car and then moved in front of it, continuing to fire. Not cool.

Curious to know if they teach jumping on the hood of a moving vehicle and deliberately putting yourself in harms way to stop a suspect?
Some Mass Pike troopers in the Ashland stretch dearly hope not.

Because they know if they get a reputation as Front Hood Surfers,
some commuters will be willing to bring it on...

I’m impressed at how calm the woman sounds, fresh out of the hoosegow and sitting in a newly-ventilated car with a newly-ventilated driver. She’s probably deafened, too.
Yeah; when I heard her say (on the 2 minute Russia Times abridged video),
"he just picked me up", I did some research, and yep -
she belongs to a profession that inculcates "a jaded attitude", shall we say.

I can't imagine why a cop would want to jump on the hood and use deadly force like that. Seems way over kill in this situation.. Especially in today's day and age where they know everything is recorded and they get sued for shit like this.

Back
Top Bottom