AR pistol with fixed Mag? (In mass )

Nice build!

What weight buffer?

Thanks! Came with the KAK "style" brace (bought from gunbroker) listed as a standard carbine buffer, not exactly sure of the weight guessing 3oz but recoil feels great, good shell ejection around the 4-5 o'clock position.

Attachments

• pix352852260.jpg
    pix352852260.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

I wouldn't rely entirely on this for fixing your mag. A blind pin or set screw as at least a backup is a good idea in this state, given what they did to the guy who got railroaded with the JC Arms lower. If they have to destroy the mag to get it out, then you have a halfway decent defense when they try to buy you a train ticket. Provided you use a competent attorney, that is.

Healy edict or not - if it's a pistol, you're going to need a repeal (Comm or USSC) of the mAss AWB in order to fill more than 10rds in that bad-boy.

Slapped on a muzzle brake on the 7.5" barrel...best way to burn your face off [mg]yes it's now removed [smile]

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190328-171102_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20190328-171102_Video Player.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 75
Slapped on a muzzle brake on the 7.5" barrel...best way to burn your face off [mg]yes it's now removed [smile]
A2 style brakes and those that push the blast at a perpendicular angle do no good for a 7.5” barrel imho. I use a Troy Claymore and that thing is awesome. It sends the blast straight out at slight angles from the center. “Towards the Enemy” as Troy puts it.

Last edited:
A2 style brakes and those that push the blast at a perpendicular angle do no good for a 7.5” barrel imho. I use a Troy Claymore and that thing is awesome. It sends the blast straight out at slight angles from the center. “Towards the Enemy” as Troy puts it.

I had an A2 on it first, wasn't bad at all. I knew slapping that muzzle brake was a bad idea...but curiosity and boredom made me try it. I have another brake on the way that will direct everything front word. Even shooting from the cheek the recoil isn't bad at all and I've gotten pretty use to it, but goodness that brake smacked me in the face.

Attachments

• 20190322_152030.jpg
    20190322_152030.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 70
I have a KAK flash can on my 7.5". If I hadn't been going for cheap on that build, I probably would have gone with a Noveske Flaming Pig.

So my barrel originally came with an A2 style muzzle device. Would that be ok on a fixed mag pistol/rifle?

Yup. Fixed mag makes it all good. I've got an A2 FH on the new upper I built for mine. Had it rolling around in the spare parts bin so I put it to use.

New 10.5" attached with the old 7.5" for comparison.

20190330_173007.jpg
20190329_162516.jpg

(yes, OAL without the muzzle device is > 26")

Ok cool, what a nightmare to have anything another other than an A2 on a 7.5". The rifle on top is a .22, all good there.
View attachment 278024 View attachment 278025

Very nice. I found that a flash can or linear compensator are actually the best choices on a barrel that short. They throw all flash and noise down range, away from the you and anyone around you on the line. Also makes for some fun low light shots--think dragon's breath.

The Pig is generally the best option, since it actually has a baffle in it. Apparently one baffle is the limit before you venture into suppressor NFA territory. It does add about 3" to the length, though. That cheapo flash can on mine makes the 7.5" upper just about an inch shorter than the 10.5" with A2 flash hider.

And shockingly the 7.5" is stupid accurate at 50 yards. Didn't try to stretch it to 100 yards, but maybe I'll do some plinking at the 100 yard gong sometime soon.

Yup. Fixed mag makes it all good. I've got an A2 FH on the new upper I built for mine. Had it rolling around in the spare parts bin so I put it to use.

New 10.5" attached with the old 7.5" for comparison.

View attachment 277885
View attachment 277886

(yes, OAL without the muzzle device is > 26")

Is that vertical grip ok on the pistol? I thought only angled grips were ok, unless you SBR it

Is that vertical grip ok on the pistol? I thought only angled grips were ok, unless you SBR it

See my comment at the bottom of that post in parenthesis.

If the OAL > 26" with the brace fully collapsed (if applicable) and no muzzle device, adding a vertical forward grip does not make it an AOW.

Looks like everyone with AR pistols in this thread went 5.56....Anyone build one in 300 Blackout?

Back
Top Bottom