• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR pistol vs. AR SBR

A Tavor is high on the short list of rifles I want next. I go back and forth between it and an SBR/pistol build.

- - - Updated - - -

Also the Peacekeepers use white Tavors in Mockingjay. Totally ups the cool factor. Lol

Real operators run with the MTAR-21 packing a 10" barrel

I raise you Tavor. 26 3/4" from the prong of the muzzle brake to the recoil pad.
27" with the factory 16.5" barrel and muzzle brake, only because we can't legally get the factory-SBR'd MTAR-21 (OAL 23.2").

In another six months (or so) my Tavor will be 29" OAL, about the same as an AR-15 SBR.

Thanks, I've always been curious about how that is handled.

I suppose it would be an extremely rare instance where you would even need to produce the stamp, but supposing you were at the range with your registered lower, but an alternate upper and a BATFE agent happens to check your rifle, can they jamb you up (in theory) for not having the registered configuration?

The correct response would be "talk to my attorney", after which if they want to make an issue of it you and your attorney can produce the upper or whatever that puts it into registered configuration.

I'd put that scenario at about the same odds as winning the lottery.

Back
Top Bottom