• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR Pistol Owners

I'm seriously considering building an AR pistol in the foreseeable future. I'm thinking 7.5" with a quadrail that is flush with the muzzle brake, with an Eotech 512 on the upper. I'm aware of the limitations of an AR pistol; particularly velocity from such a short barrel as well as reliability. But research seems to indicate an AR pistol is accurate and able to maintain velocity out to 200yds or so with the right load, and with the right parts can be made quite reliable.

But I'm envisioning this type of project running me a pretty penny so I want some first hand accounts before I undertake it, if at all. I'm mainly concerned about the building aspect of the AR pistol in regards to assembling the upper; It seems most people build the upper themselves and I find that daunting. I undertook installing a handguard on an AR I built this winter and it was difficult because I didn't have the right tools, I really don't want that to happen again. I also don't plan to take the SBR route, so comments regarding their ergonomics via the cheek method would be very useful.

Also would like to try one out before I set out to build one, so if anyone in NH would be willing to let me put some rounds down range I'd appreciate that.

Thanks for your advice.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom