• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR pistol, legal or not in CT?

With my move coming up in just a couple weeks, I'm making a list of things that I must sell/trade before I move.

I've read the first 5 pages in this forum, and didn't see an answer...are AR Pistols legal in the state?

Thanks

(B) A semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following:

(i) An ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;

(ii) A threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip or silencer;

(iii) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned;

(iv) A manufactured weight of fifty ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; and

(v) A semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm;

Those could be the issues you face.

It could have been legal if you swapped everything to a pre-ban lower, which is not affected by the AWB.

There are legal ways around almost every provision of the current CT AWB. You just need to know how to play the game.

Don

should have made it nonremovable mag, always could be reversed, try buying an ar pistol in a few months and you will be a criminal.

Back
Top Bottom