ar pistol help

For me ar pistols are stupid cause of the buffer. Id rather have a ak super shorty .
0fbb168404f05e419d3f042de36f94e9.jpg

3bf5a05c6b4a39519b4b589bbaca2cb5.jpg

0d9d9d7d334d18bfd69de9c4cd4a31be.jpg

4cd5b309c51e4261f664d3bc0de417d3.jpg

I wish sig would start selling there upper parts . I new they played to for guys with fa m16 lowers .

I'd love to see someone fire a FA version of the

I 'know a guy' who built a 7.5" AR pistol with a Sig brace. It is a fun shooter, has been 100% reliable, and makes decent groups at 50 yards with iron sights. The effectiveness is questionable, of course, as there is well-documented velocity loss out of such a short barrel. But it is fun to shoot and it fits in a Sawzall case.

I may get him to give it to me when I move to NH this summer. He's a pretty good guy.

Im going the 'fixed mag' route. Remove the detachable magazine part and a lot of restrictions are removed on the build. But SBR if you can, then again pistols are easier to move across state lines.

Just remember there is nothing in Massachusetts law that says what a fixed magazine is...
In theory a California bullet button needs a 'tool' to change mags... Not sure if an arresting officer, AG, or judge would agree though....

The upper alone on my buddy's 7.5" pistol weighed about 48 ounces. Granted, he didn't need to make the 50 ounce limit, so no weight saving effort was employed, but I don't know how you cut that much weight and still have anything decent left over.

And if you make the mag fixed, then it counts as part of the weight.

Nope, if the mag is fixed then the 50 oz limit does not apply

Is that right? The fixed mag gets you out of AWB problems, but it's still a pistol, right? I thought the 50 ounce requirement was for pistols, separate from the AWB requirements.

I could very well be talking out of my ass. It wouldn't be the first time.

Is that right? The fixed mag gets you out of AWB problems, but it's still a pistol, right? I thought the 50 ounce requirement was for pistols, separate from the AWB requirements.

I could very well be talking out of my ass. It wouldn't be the first time.

The way the regs are writen says a pistol with a removable magazine AND the evil features... they say the same thing in the rifle regs

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The way the regs are writen says a pistol with a removable magazine AND the evil features... they say the same thing in the rifle regs

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thanks. I'll stop spreading bad info.

Hopefully by about July I won't have to worry about it anymore.

Back
Top Bottom