• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR issue

So if any .....what does this particular part/angle do to keep it from going into battery

None, I was just pointing out that my BCG has the same "feature" he was worrying about, and I haven't had a problem at all.

I don't have time to tinker with until next weekend but I have a few things to try

Sent from behind enemy lines using carrier pigeons

Ok so I cleaned all of the grease off the questionable bcg I put them both side by side with known good one on the right
169aca78fe88bf9068ac7527eec1d927.jpg

Last edited:
Ok so I cleaned all of the grease off the questionable bcg I put them both side by side with known good one on the right

You need to detail strip that BCG.
Still tons of crud around ejector.
Did you put grease on ejector spring also?
Seriously you need to detail strip and clean both BCG. Inspect each part side by side if there is a difference you should be able to see it. Then lube it with CLP and NO grease.
Also give your locking lug recess on the upper a good scrub.
Detail strip the bad BCG lay out the parts and take a picture before you clean. Then clean the parts and take a picture...
I have a odd feeling once your gun is clean it will function.
My 2 guesses is crud I'm the ejector channel or under extractor.

What does the back side of the locking lugs look like.

Last edited:

From the beginning.
Did you detail clean the gun/parts when bought new or did you just lube it with grease and have at it?

Ok so I cleaned the the crap out of everything and tried again It would do this
dfe5f964649d9979bab9438cdb59bd81.jpg
a round would get chambered though so if I dropped magazine and and use charging handle it would load fine. Then if I reinserted magazine all subsequent Rounds would feed fine and bolt would lock back after last round. However with a new mag and using bolt release or closing bolt and trying to load via charging handle would do the same thing

Ok so I cleaned the the crap out of everything and tried again It would do this
dfe5f964649d9979bab9438cdb59bd81.jpg
a round would get chambered though so if I dropped magazine and and use charging handle it would load fine. Then if I reinserted magazine all subsequent Rounds would feed fine and bolt would lock back after last round. However with a new mag and using bolt release or closing bolt and trying to load via charging handle would do the same thing

So it had to be hanging up on the gas tube, mag Or feed ramp...or maybe your buffer is hanging up some where.
Time to detail strip the rifle and lay it out piece by piece and post some pictures.

Let's try this

If you take the rifle with no mag inserted and pull and release the charging handle will it chamber?
Yes or no
2. With a empty mag pull back the charging handle does it lock open on empty mag
Yes or no
3. Now hit the bolt release don't be shy just smack it with your palm. Does the bolt close
Yes or no.
4. Do you have any dummy rounds ?
If so with no mag inserted be sure bolt is closed.
Insert mag with one dummy round pull charging handle rear ward and release.
Will round chamber and bolt close?
Yes or no.

Post some pics of the bolt left right tip bottom rear and front view.

Also when it jams like shown in your pick when you slowly open the bolt can you see if the cartridge is seated up under the extractor and flat against bolt face.

Just looking at your ejector in your previous pictures leans me to replace that?

Last edited:
Some good advice above. If releasing the bolt catch doesn't chamber the round and close bolt, then something is probably wrong with the bolt face. The ejector also looks extra small with excess space between it and the inside wall. May be a contributing factor with not seating the round cleanly. As others have alluded earlier, get a new bolt and save yourself the frustration. Good luck.

So it had to be hanging up on the gas tube, mag Or feed ramp...or maybe your buffer is hanging up some where.
Time to detail strip the rifle and lay it out piece by piece and post some pictures.

Let's try this

If you take the rifle with no mag inserted and pull and release the charging handle will it chamber?
Yes or no
2. With a empty mag pull back the charging handle does it lock open on empty mag
Yes or no
3. Now hit the bolt release don't be shy just smack it with your palm. Does the bolt close
Yes or no.
4. Do you have any dummy rounds ?
If so with no mag inserted be sure bolt is closed.
Insert mag with one dummy round pull charging handle rear ward and release.
Will round chamber and bolt close?
Yes or no.

Post some pics of the bolt left right tip bottom rear and front view.

Also when it jams like shown in your pick when you slowly open the bolt can you see if the cartridge is seated up under the extractor and flat against bolt face.

Just looking at your ejector in your previous pictures leans me to replace that?

1. yes
2.yes sit will lock back on empty mag
3.it closes fine
4.I do; it will feed and eject the dummy rounds fine.
when it did jam like that I pulled the bolt back using the charging handle and a round was in chamber i removed the magazine and then using charging pulled bolt back and let it close. I reinserted the magazine and it fired it it it worked fine and continued to do so until the magazine was empty

1. yes
2.yes sit will lock back on empty mag
3.it closes fine
4.I do; it will feed and eject the dummy rounds fine.
when it did jam like that I pulled the bolt back using the charging handle and a round was in chamber i removed the magazine and then using charging pulled bolt back and let it close. I reinserted the magazine and it fired it it it worked fine and continued to do so until the magazine was empty

Weird.... I would check your barrel nut for tightness and alignment. Almost like once in a while your gas key is not lining up.

I am going to use my Bros known good BCG next range trip to finally see if its my BCG or not later this week i will field strip and gets photos of everything have

I am going to use my Bros known good BCG next range trip to finally see if its my BCG or not later this week i will field strip and gets photos of everything have

stopping where you show in your picture something has to be hitting pretty hard stop. its not even really into the locking lugs...
I look at the BCG of yours and it looks rough. hows the the bore where the bolt gas rings ride? My friend has a discount bolt where the chrome started peeling inside that area.

Back
Top Bottom