AR gun case

Fixxah

NES Member
Any suggestions for a hard case for my AR. It has a 24" bbl. and optics. I have looked at Cabela"s and Bass Pro and AR 15 store. Can't find one to my liking.

I've got a couple different pelican cases for my rifles and handguns. I love them in terms of protection, size, and security. However, they are bulky and difficult to travel with unless you have a pick up truck. [wink] I'm looking at picking up one of the Eagle Discreet Carry cases for my carbines to make for easy transport to and from the range:

http://www.eagleindustries.com/product.php?productid=358&cat=67&page=1

They make one for longer rifles, as well.

The pelicans I like for things like NES shoots, where I can load them to the gills, put a lock on each case (rather than each gun) and throw it in the car and go. Just my .02 [grin]

I usually transport mine in a SKB shotgun takedown case (NOT the fitted ones, the regular foam ones). The M4 fits with the stock collapsed. For your barrel you will need to pull the pins and make two pieces. The length of the case is nice and short, I think 30 something inches.

Dave

I love my Waller SoftSafe.

Such a shame they are out of business.

If I was going Hard Case, I'd have one built by Americase. I have one of their handgun cases (large) and I use that thing everywhere. It's at least 15 years old now and the exterior is marred just about everywhere. But except for the cosmetic damage, it's still as good today as the day I bought it.

Main Site

My case

They have some AR cases under their "Specialty" section.

However, if you are going to spend the $$, contact them and get a Premium built to your exact specifications.

Details.

Basically, you determine the case profile and then tell them the length and width you need.

I have 1 pelican and i plan on getting 2 more. I've heard great things about Hardigg cases, maybe I'll get to find/buy one before Pelican dissolves them which is what I'm assuming is going to happen.

s7_226580_imageset_03.jpg

I use this one from Cabela's, it stands up against my tailgate and is not really visible to some one walking by. It holds two scoped rifles, or two ARs plus mags or the ARs plus a couple of handguns.

Not a "hard case" but nice stuff, can be configured to your liking, and lockable.

Check out SERT Systems, they also make a line of nice range bags and accessories under the name iShot

I have a couple of the pelican cases and they work great. Check out ebay as I picked one up one of there 1700 series cases for my ar for just over $100 new.

Jayvs

Pelican looks good. For what I spent to have my rifle built it would be foolish not to get a good case. Anybody know zOmbi, he has a Hardig I want to check out?

I bought two Hardigg's today from Adorama before they disappear from shelves. Just about the best prices around. Wish I had snapped a few from Waller & Son's way back when.

Back
Top Bottom