• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR failing to feed.

I was considering that as well madball, like the predatAR. What are some of the top shelf high end ARs I'm probably gonna set 3k as the limit for the gun itself then get the best eotech and magnifier for it. The bolt action whichever I end up buying ill be getting a night force for so whatever AR I get ill be able to swap that on for some long shots.

- - - Updated - - -

I also considered possibly buying a SCAR-H as well not sure about it though. I think I'd much rather get a few different uppers like the .50 Beowulf.

Are you just going crazy and getting different shit or do you have a purpose? Why a SCAR or a .50 upper?

Best AR? Here is a real life experience. I took a carbine pistol course in August with a dude that was in SF and was an IPDA champ in Florida. Ten guys in the course and we easily put 1700 rounds through our AR's. on the line were the following manufacturers; Daniel Defense, Colt, S&W, LMT. No one had a failure due to the rifle. I had an issue with 2 pre-ban mags i had purchased a while ago and simply removed them from the weekend activity and continued to shoot w/o issues. Those are quality manufactures and i have see what those guns can do in 90-100 degree heat in a sand pit.

Pretty much buying the couple guns I've always wanted. Shtf situation the AR would be the choice weapon I want a bolt action rifle for hunting and I want it in .308. The benelli m4 would be my just because gun lol and there's a few handguns I'd like to add to my collection / eventual carry roster. I would also like to eventually get into some competitive shooting as I get better groups and such.

Pretty much buying the couple guns I've always wanted. Shtf situation the AR would be the choice weapon I want a bolt action rifle for hunting and I want it in .308. The benelli m4 would be my just because gun lol and there's a few handguns I'd like to add to my collection / eventual carry roster. I would also like to eventually get into some competitive shooting as I get better groups and such.

Don't wait to get into competitive shooting, get into it now and start from the bottom and work your way up. Take a look at High Power matches at Nashua next spring and summer. Nothing like shooting an .223 AR out to 600 yards.

I'm hoping this current build will be a good starting point I was pretty accurate with the 15-22 I had but .22-5.56/.223 is a pretty big jump hopefully not too much of a learning curve. If I can get good with a budget rifle then when the time comes my expensive top line rifle should be the fine tuning in closing the groups I hear its just as much about shooting as it is optics. I will definetly be looking into getting into competitions as soon as possible, last place is always better then not competing.

Had something similar, but then was able to narrow it down to only hang up with the first 10 out of a 20 round mag. Did the last 10 flawlessly. Was thinking it might be a mag problem. That said, now I know what a "forward assist" is for!

Back
Top Bottom