• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR failing to feed.

Tried 3 different types of ammo in 3 different pmags same results whole gun is brand new.

Round gets stuck right in the feed ramp I've tried oiling it still will not feed a round.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 210
Who makes the gun/parts/etc? Without knowing that we can't tell you what the typical problems are.

-Mike

Never mind, I contributed nothing to this in any way.

Last edited:
If you haven't got it sussed out in the next several days, perhaps we could meet up somewhere and you can try some of my mags/ammo and see if we can figure this out. I live just north of Concord. I know my mags and ammo works in my AR. Let me know....

run your finger along the feed ramps and the cuts in the receiver... you should feel a nice, smooth surface, if they did a shitty job you'll notice you'll feel a lip where there shouldn't be one either where the feed ramps in the barrel stick out or were cut too deep.

Your rifle should feed a round bone dry or soaking with oil. Either your lower receiver is out of spec, your barrel nut is not tight, you have improperly cut feed ramps, or perhaps there's a burr. A more helpful photograph would be mag out, looking down your receiver at your feed ramps.

Either one of these two options on the page will fix the problem

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...stripped-upper-receiver-groups-prod54564.aspx

That. I'd consider sending the DelTon back for a refund...No one likes to hear it - in fact, I suspect the legion of "My DelTon Is Fine" army will be along, but DelTon is in most circles considered suspect in quality at best. They look great on paper, (features and price), but really aren't. You can do a lot better for the same or slightly more money.

If you need a specific angle let me know I tried getting the best picture I could

From that pic, it looks like your feed ramps are jacked. If you can - tip up your upper, pull out the bolt carrier croup and shoot a pic straight down the receiver.

Here's underneath picture

- - - Updated - - -

Kind of hard to sent it back the lower parts kit that came with its already installed lol.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 176
The extension ramps are not properly lined up with the upper. Visible in this pic for sure

Call Midway - tell them the LPK is fine, but the upper is jacked. They'll assign a value to the upper alone most likely. If it were me - I'd disassemble the whole shootin match and send it back for a full refund and restart with stuff that works...

it appears that the M4 ramps to barrel transition is AFU but hard to tell from the blurriness of the picture...those two shiny spots on the upper end of the ramps are suspect...

Here's underneath picture

- - - Updated - - -

Kind of hard to sent it back the lower parts kit that came with its already installed lol.

See the shiny part at the top of the right feed ramp, for some reason there is a lip there that hangs the round up.

Sorry man, but your gun is a show piece and not a shooter.

Hard to tell from my phone, but that looks like M4 feed ramps cut into the receiver, but not the barrel. That would be a problem that cannot be fixed without the proper barrel.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Just started yanking the charging handle slamming it forward just ejected 4 mags and I think it's worn in now they feed easier. So should I do anything to it like file it down slightly?

Back
Top Bottom