AR Detent Pins

Just got the LPK for my AR and realized I had a pin missing. I decided I'd get a replacement when I contact the company I ordered it from, but figured I'd install the pivot pin with the one detent pin I had. During that time, my pin went for a hell of a ride and I am out of pins. I ordered some online but won't be home for week or so. Does anyone know where I can get some detent pins locally? I have tomorrow off and was intent on assembling my lower. I am in the Chelmsford, MA area. Thanks in advance.

Umlaut in Hooksett should have plenty of them. Right behind Riley's.

I ordered replacements from Amazon last year. If you just want a few pins, I have 'extras' still...

Umlaut in Hooksett should have plenty of them. Right behind Riley's.

I ordered replacements from Amazon last year. If you just want a few pins, I have 'extras' still...

Thanks for the info and the offer. I really do appreciate it. I may just end up riding up to Hooksett unless I can find a closer alternative. Not that 45 mins is far, I just have a few time constraints requiring me to be at my house during certain periods. Thanks again.

Thanks for the info and the offer. I really do appreciate it. I may just end up riding up to Hooksett unless I can find a closer alternative. Not that 45 mins is far, I just have a few time constraints requiring me to be at my house during certain periods. Thanks again.

I'm right up the street in Nashua... So closer than Hooksett... [laugh]

Whatever you do, buy like a dozen of them.

Thanks for the advice. I actually ordered a dozen and a few springs from Amazon, but I am so impatient about getting them, considering I won't be able to assemble it after the weekend. Was hoping to just pick up like 3 or 4 locally tomorrow morning so when I get back home during the day I can put the lower together. I'm like a little kid staring at his present's under the Christmas tree, waiting for mom and dad to say its okay to open them.

Go to the local hardware store and get a clevis pin that fits in the pivot holes. Will cost you about a buck. Put the clevis pin through the pivots, line up the holes in the clevis with the hole for the spring and detent, slide spring and detent through clevis into hole, push the detent with a small nail or drill bit, turn the clevis pin. Push out clevis pin with takedown pin, done.

Thank another member here for the clevis pin idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Beat me to it.

I'm right up the street in Nashua... So closer than Hooksett... [laugh]

Yea I know and again appreciate it. I just feel awkward about going to someone's house for detent pins, as odd as that may sound. [hmmm]

- - - Updated - - -

clevis pin is the way to go for installing them. stateline in plaistow has some extra parts.

Interesting. First time I've seen the clevis pin mentioned, thanks for the advice. The pivot pins are 0.25" right? My parts are at home so I can't measure them at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Go to the local hardware store and get a clevis pin that fits in the pivot holes. Will cost you about a buck. Put the clevis pin through the pivots, line up the holes in the clevis with the hole for the spring and detent, slide spring and detent through clevis into hole, push the detent with a small nail or drill bit, turn the clevis pin. Push out clevis pin with takedown pin, done.

Thank another member here for the clevis pin idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Beat me to it.

Thanks for the advice as well as the instructions. I'll be making it a point to pick up a clevis pin tomorrow while I'm out.

Back
Top Bottom