• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR builds..

Figured I would finally post a few pics.
Here is my first build. I wanted a simple A-2 style with carry handle when I started. Until I found the wood furniture kit, and then the stainless barrel. Cerakote completed on this build by Hillbilly223.com.
2uoicjr.jpg

The second build I am almost done with. Went with a flat top upper and matching lower. Low profile hand guard, Spiral fluted barrel in .223 Wilde and a skeletonized butt stock. Tried a local friend of my brother in law for the cerakote. Went with burnt bronze and black on the upper, lower and barrel. Had the grooves in the barrel done in black.
He did an awesome job with it. Still have a scope to mount on the second build but need some time to do a few other things...

3009u8p.jpg

1qj31j.jpg

I have a love hate with the wood.
Nice guns and cerakote can be fun and you can do some cool stuff to make your AR a bit different.

I like them both very much..many of my rifles are almost identical except length. Pretty soon ill have to rebuild some of mine. I only have 3 that aren't shot out..

That wood is sexy and i like the fluted barrel aswell

Have you tried the wood on the bronze ? I,know the hand guard is not going to work but I keep looking and thinking.
I almost bought a fancy walnut stock for my AR but for t cost I bought another upper.

have not moved the wood from that original rifle. Got the furniture kit at the Wilmington show for less than what Brownells wants for them. Need to figure out what the big difference is between scopes. I want exposed adjusters but don't want to spend a ton of money..

have not moved the wood from that original rifle. Got the furniture kit at the Wilmington show for less than what Brownells wants for them. Need to figure out what the big difference is between scopes. I want exposed adjusters but don't want to spend a ton of money..

Don't go to cheap on the scope. It's tough with all the choices out there. It really comes down to what you want to do... my "nicest" scope is 90% bench/Prone shooting.
100-600 yards. I went 8-x32x56 it's big and heavy but I'm happy.

Back
Top Bottom