AR build in MA. Now AR-9!

Not an M5E1 though with the newer handguard etc. It does seem it will be cheaper to assemble myself. I just want something "factory". Can't seem to find a matching aero charging handle either...

Got it down to $903.95 for all Aero M5E1 upper and handguard. Aero gas system and Nickel boron BCG. Criterion barrel and Wilson combat large charging handle... Still no muzzle device though. I really want a target crowned fluted 20in barrel but I can't seem to find one.

Haven't shot it yet but seems ok. Reticle looks crisp and lights up a nice green. Not sure what to look for?
Haziness, blurred edges compared to center, image at 1x should be sharp. Etc.
it should be ok most likely, but, better check it all to make sure.

So I just picked up an Aero M5 lower. Had decided on a prebuilt M5E1 upper but now I'm second guessing myself! How much am I really gaining by using a criterion barrel or something else? Looking into 20" barrel and shooting 300yds.
I think I was in there when you bought this if my guess is right

Haziness, blurred edges compared to center, image at 1x should be sharp. Etc.
it should be ok most likely, but, better check it all to make sure.
I'm hoping to get it to the range Saturday or Sunday. Hopefully it all checks out.
I think I was in there when you bought this if my guess is right
It's possible. There were a decent amount of people. Actually surprised it wasn't busier. What were you purchasing?

Picked up a vp9 but was fondling some bigger HKs
Yes! I thought you bought that Mk.23! I wanted to get in on that fondling.

Can anyone recommend a charging handle? I already feel like the Radian LT is hard to grab because of the scope. I may end up repositioning it but I'm betting I move it back not forward.

Yes! I thought you bought that Mk.23! I wanted to get in on that fondling.

Can anyone recommend a charging handle? I already feel like the Radian LT is hard to grab because of the scope. I may end up repositioning it but I'm betting I move it back not forward.
Hard to improve on the radian line.

View attachment 545961
Scope is farther forward. Did you set your scope up on the highest power? Probably give you more relief at 1x.

What scope do you have?
I've got same mount in same place with the swamp fox 1-10. The claw seems to be the best but somewhat awkward. One hand I need to practice more.

To add 2c more of stock/scope etc.
it is same for rifles and shotguns. Take your weapon into your arms, close your eyes. Then you apply rifle to your shoulder and press cheek into stock, put it down, up again, down, quick up and then open your dominant eye.

You should be in the eye box and see an entire reticle sharp and clean. If it is not - you need to move your scope and/or adjust stock.

To add 2c more of stock/scope etc.
it is same for rifles and shotguns. Take your weapon into your arms, close your eyes. Then you apply rifle to your shoulder and press cheek into stock, put it down, up again, down, quick up and then open your dominant eye.

You should be in the eye box and see an entire reticle sharp and clean. If it is not - you need to move your scope and/or adjust stock.
Unfortunately in cross eye dominant! I feel like I will be adjusting the scope. It's doesn't feel as natural as my Burris scout rifle scope.

That sounds like the most awkward thing ever. What's the benefit?
not being reliant on my less dominant eye? I have a minor astigmatism in my right eye anyways so between switching over and glasses the last couple years it's made a difference.
For me it wasn't that bad to switch over. Most of my gear has been ambi as I've upgraded anyways. Only real "problem" is figuring out how to carry mags if I'm carrying my pistol on my right.

Ran without a hiccup. I think I'm going to move the scope back one notch. I'm surprised 10x doesn't seem more zoomed in.
10x is not 25x. yet with 10x you should be able to see bullet holes at 100yds, and it is pretty much what you need.

again, if you will look at the lineup - 1-10x, then 3-15x or 3-18x, then 5-25x - for a general use plinking/tactical AR the 1-10x makes most sense.

for my AR10s - i did set them all on 3-18x from primary arms. for all rifles i care to be accurate with i set them on 5-25x. except of 22lr - that one now is on 4-14x i think, as i do not shoot .22lr further than 100yds but the 3-9x scope i had on it i could not see bullet holes clean with at 100yds.

Exactly. Overall I'm happy with the scope and the rifle! It was freezing and windy out today so we didn't stay long. I'm eyeing 5-25x for my AR-10. I want to see what more magnification is like.

Back
Top Bottom