• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR based "SpaceGun", IE, the semi-auto "Ugly Stick"

Jeff, I'd like to hear a report on the trigger. I understand it's not in SR weight, but how do you like it compared to the Geisselle?
Also, who's barrel did you go with and in what twist?

With the way you were shooting the SR last year, I think HM would be well within reach with that machine.

She's finally done, hopefully do a bit of sighting in tomorrow, weather permitting.

Final build list

S&W M&P lower receiver
WOA LPK (minus trigger group)
X-Treme 2stage match rifle trigger (~ 1.5-2lb 1st stage, just shy of 1lb second stage)
KNS Anti-Walk/oversized pins
Magpul B.A.D. right hand bolt release
Oversized magazine release
Sierra Precision pistol grip, recontoured to fit my hand, and stippled (by me)
WhiteOak adjustable buttstock assembly
WhiteOak Precision match rifle upper, .223Rem, with bolt carrier mounted charging handle
Lipski Rear Sight Base
Warner #2 rear sight, SR directions
Gehmann 510 rear iris and 35mm anti-glare tube
Stallings Machine 30mm RightSight, with glare tube and sun shade, +0.5diopter lens

i think that's the complete list. honestly it's taken so long to get all the parts in i've kinda lost track. i'm thoroughly looking forward to actually shooting it.

IMAG0051.jpg

IMAG0049.jpg

IMAG0047.jpg

IMAG0050.jpg

stippled.jpg

(perhaps i'll find my SLR too, and take some non-cell-phone pictures lol)

It's looks like a modern art master piece, but more useful!

Jeff, I'd like to hear a report on the trigger. I understand it's not in SR weight, but how do you like it compared to the Geisselle?
Also, who's barrel did you go with and in what twist?

With the way you were shooting the SR last year, I think HM would be well within reach with that machine.

not gonna shoot it too much XTC...gonna stick with the service gun for that.

barrel is a wilson, 1x8 twist. its a hammer.

trigger is decent for the money. i notice a bit of a gritty feeling on the first stage, but that doesnt affect function in the least. breaks VERY clean. its a different feel than the gieselle, still getting used to that. it certainly isnt going to hold me back.

ive readjusted the stock again, about 1/2" shorter. feels more comfortable now. ill update more once ive got the stock adjustments finalized for offhand. shot decent this weekend (185x2 with the spacegun, 187x1 with the service gun...not thrilled, as i've been holding a 190-191 average with the SR). getting used to the aperatures is taking me a bit.

ill have more next weekend, especially since my service rifle MicroSight is coming in this week. we'll see if it's all its hyped up to be.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom