• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR barrel ?

Looking to source a 16" barrel, .223 Wylde, mid-length, 1:9, target crown, lightweight contour. It'll be used for shots inside 100 yards, using 55 gr. bullets. And I plan to DIY camo dip the thing, so fancy isn't what I'm after. Looking for an inexpensive option, but haven't found one.

Look here

I think you'll have to change the gas system parameters in order to find something that meets the rest of your wishes. Especially if you're trying to get away with lower costs.

I was thinking the sand thing , and the target crown ... And a thin profile.

Primarily for comparison, not peformance. I've got already got a heavy 20" Wylde. Wylde isn't a requirement, but a plain muzzle is. This is going to be a "walking" gun.

- - - Updated - - -

Look here

I think you'll have to change the gas system parameters in order to find something that meets the rest of your wishes. Especially if you're trying to get away with lower costs.

Thanks. Looks that way.

Primarily for comparison, not peformance. I've got already got a heavy 20" Wylde. Wylde isn't a requirement, but a plain muzzle is. This is going to be a "walking" gun.

Gotcha. The Wylde requirement makes the availability pool shrink a bit.

Not quite sure what a "walking" gun is, but if you plan on walking around with it, I would have something to project the crown

Yup , most def want some thing protecting in .

All you have to do is get a recessed crown.

recessed-crown_zps0d91bc99.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Dean

it has been my experience when it comes to hunting misshaps of the dropping of rifles.... the crown is seldom the brunt of the damage....cracked stocked, busted scopes.. so if you need a muzzle device to protect your walking gun might as well wrap it in bubbble wrap also...[wink]

I know you looking for weight reduction but there are several 16" bull barrel opptions with target crowns. I cant dig up links here at work...?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom