AR assembly

Was wondering if you guys could suggest a good/knowledgeable place to help me assemble my AR build.
I don't have all the tools needed for the job, plus I've never put together a FSB/ delta ring gas system by myself.

any feedback is appreciated,
thanks

Was wondering if you guys could suggest a good/knowledgeable place to help me assemble my AR build.
I don't have all the tools needed for the job, plus I've never put together a FSB/ delta ring gas system by myself.

any feedback is appreciated,
thanks

How are you with mechanics tools? If you have some experience with working on general machinery you should be able to do the build with the right videos. You will need some special tools receiver vises /clamps, a decent set of punches for the roll pins, an armorer's wrench with a torque wrench socket on it and a torque wrench. I think I spent about $225 on tools. Also to be safe I recommend a set of head space gauges as well. Look up the use of those. They are specific to whatever chamber size you are building.

Right on this site are two of the best videos:
Step by Step building an AR15 Upper
Step by Step building an AR15 Lower

I used these and others to do my first build came out good. Used decent parts not the highest end stuff but good.

Last edited:
Northeast Arms in Peabody on Rt 1 south next to the Caberet

I can probably do it while you wait or worst case in a couple hours if The Shop is busy

This +1 great service and peace of mind it will be right. Not the best answer if you want to learn to do it yourself but really it is more experience than skill.

I have built a few in the past, but the last few I brought to North East and let Steve do them. Had all the tools, just did not feel like driving in the damn bolt catch pins.

My daughter when she was 4 spotted a detent spring and another small part that went fling several years prior. Found it in the corner where i spent hours looking. Even used a magnet.

If I still had the eye sight I had when I was a four year old I could shoot a hell of a lot better LOL. Old eyes ain't ideal.

If I still had the eye sight I had when I was a four year old I could shoot a hell of a lot better LOL. Old eyes ain't ideal.
In my 20’s I could pick out drill bits within a few .001 daily and did so all day long. Now I’m lucky to see one... period.
I now feel bad for picking on my father on his eyesight when he was alive.

lol, people, I learned how to build an AR when I was 15, I'ts not that i dont know how I just don't have the tools to comfortably build it in my apartment.
I'm looking for a place to just tighten the barrel nut, pin the gas tube, and let me borrow some grease/cease for the buffer tube and trigger barrel.. and maybeee a torque wrench (which I could easily guesstimate by hand.
I don't need help assembling a freaking pistol grip without losing the safety selector spring haha

Back
Top Bottom