AR Accessory manufacturers with no local retail outlets

Here's what I'm running into . . . I live in a proverbial "hotbed" of AR accessory manufacturers which are all located right on the I-91 corridor here in lovely Western Mass .
Samson MFG is located about 10 minutes (if that) south of me and the there is YHM which is in Florence , 15-20 minutes away, and then there is TROY industries which is about 30- 40 minutes away in West Springfield.
I'm surrounded by a wealth of "World Class" Manufacturers yet I can't seem to find 1 place that I could go to see these items first hand, I just cant seem to pull the trigger and purchase a rail system from one of these or any place just based on the cool pictures on their web sites, I am one of those types of people that has to feel, see,"fondle" these items for myself to judge if its something I want to spend $200+ on, am I alone here?
I would have to drive up wards of 2 hours to look at a product that was made +/- 30 minutes away. . . frustrating

[hmmm]-Shaun

Last edited:
Remsport in Ludlow MA is out your way and they not only have all the stuff that they manufacture there to see, but also stock some other companies AR accessories as well. I'd give them a try.

I have talked with a salesman at YHM and he was pleasant, he told me that if i were to make a purchase that i could bring my upper to them and leave it for a couple of days and they would install everything for me . . . which they do as a service anyways but usually you would ship your upper to them and then they would ship it back obviously. . . but because they are in a secure building i'd essentially have to set up an appointment to do this. . . but i never thought to ask if i could go there to look at their products and i don't know how open they would be to this . . . and as for Samson MFG i sent them an email asking if there was a local retailer where i could see their products and or if they did any retail out of their business . . they haven't responded yet . . .

FWIW I love my YHM free float tube. Paid 130 bucks for it (full length) so its easily half the price of the competition. The other ones are a little nicer (they have a slightly slimmer profile, maybe shave a couple ounces of weight off) but it will get the job done just as well as anything else for half the price. You also aren't by any means getting a cheap product with them.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom